Astro Fans...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astro Fans...

....Have you started breathing again?

damn...that was by far the greatest post season game ever! Of course, being a Cards fan...I would like the Cards to advance to the fall classic...but if we don't...I couldn't think of a better team to lose to....just tell your boys to play all seven games this series....

Old 10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Pujols homer was unreal. Nearly had the little train off the tracks

I'm so gutted that I got transferred back to Europe and am missing the end of the season.
Went to quite a few games this season even when the Astros lost the plot.

Oh well, soccer season here

Old 10-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I WANTED TO RUN OUT OF THE STADIUM AND THROW UP. it was surreal. i could not believe they pitched to him. 1 strike away from the world series.

Pujols is, IMO, in the top 5 for the best in the league, he was due, why they pitched to him, i will never know. watching him reminds me of when i was a kid and me and my dad watched Pete Rose, you never counted the guy out and the more pressure the better he gets.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
I WANTED TO RUN OUT OF THE STADIUM AND THROW UP. it was surreal. i could not believe they pitched to him. 1 strike away from the world series.

Pujols is, IMO, in the top 5 for the best in the league, he was due, why they pitched to him, i will never know. watching him reminds me of when i was a kid and me and my dad watched Pete Rose, you never counted the guy out and the more pressure the better he gets.

Well....I waited all season for this match up. I love Houston because they are just as good at small ball as the Cards. Both teams are practically mirror images of each other.

...but I agree with you...I think that was a poor decision on the Astros part....don't get me wrong...Lidge is practically unstoppable....but the guy only throws two pitches....we all know he is not gonna throw a fast ball to anyone who can hit.....and Pujols can and will hit any pitch.....so why they did not load the bases and pitch to an injured Sanders....I will never know....but I am glad that the series continues and will return to Busch for at least one more game....

Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM
That pitch was like trying to throw a steak past a hungry lion. Pujols was all over it. I think the ball would still be going up if the stadium did not get in the way.

I'm not a big fan of either team, but I do feel bad for the 'stros. One out away... Oh well. They've got two more chances.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:18 PM
If I were a Pitcher, Pujols, A-Rod, Jeter, AJones(this year), and D Ortiz are the ones I would NOT want to see at the plate in that situation. I would pitch around them if I had the option.

I can say that I never thought the Stros would give the Cards this hard of a time......I have to say I am very impressed with them, but the Cards are still very dangerous.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by RandallT
...I can say that I never thought the Stros would give the Cards this hard of a time......I have to say I am very impressed with them, but the Cards are still very dangerous.

Like I said earlier....the Astros (IMO) are a mirror image of the Cards....sure they struggled in the first part of the season...but they are just as dangerous a team as any....they have phenomenal pitching and their offense pulls through at key times as well.....either team is deserving of winning the LCS....I just hope it ends up being mine....

Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
lame

Old 10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Albert Pujols

Look at how many times a team has intentionally walked Pujols only to have Edmonds or Rolen (I know, not playing) or Sanders or anybody else in the line-up come to bat and homer. It doesn't happen just every now and then. I have seen it several times. And also look at what Sanders has done in the post season. As a pitcher you do not want to face anybody in the Cardinals first 5-6 batters, especially with the bases loaded. Sanders may have been safer than Pujols, but not by much. Lidge had to pitch to Pujols. With two outs, he was hoping to get a fast groud ball or fly out.

I was at last Thursday's game. For a while, I was scared I was going to be able to say I was at the last official game at Busch Stadium. Boy, am I glad I wasn't.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lidge had to pitch to Pujols.
no that it matters now but lidge has owned sanders. pujols was the go ahead run, so ,IMO, loosing by 1 or 2 what does it matter, i would have taken my chances with sanders and yes me and everyone i was with and around us said the same thing before Pujols blasted the ball.

lame
what part is lame?

Old 10-18-2005, 01:57 PM
lidge has owned sanders.
Lidge had owned everybody on the Cardinals up to that point, including Pujols. He owned Sanders in situations where he did not have to throw strikes. With the bases loaded, a pitcher has to throw strikes.

While the 'stros still have the advantage, it is a whole new series going back to St Louis.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
...what part is lame?

Smeezy is a football fan....he is part of the F150Online community that gives my baseball threads schitt....

Old 10-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by GrayDiggity05
Lidge had owned everybody on the Cardinals up to that point, including Pujols. He owned Sanders in situations where he did not have to throw strikes. With the bases loaded, a pitcher has to throw strikes.

While the 'stros still have the advantage, it is a whole new series going back to St Louis.

Very true......Lidge is undoubtly the best closer in baseball....and he had owned the Cards all year (including last years post season).....and your boys will have to bring their A game to STL.....the sportscasters kept referencing the noise level in MM Park.....well...STL may not have a roof....but I promise that Busch will be just as loud if not louder......that HR energized the fans in a way that will be dangerous to the Astros.....good thing you guys will put up one hell of a fight with Oswalt.....

Old 10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
Smeezy is a football fan....he is part of the F150Online community that gives my baseball threads schitt....
not just a football fan, a COWBOYS fan. And baseball gives baseball threads schitt...

Old 10-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by dinty
not just a football fan, a COWBOYS fan.....

....sorry....I forgot to mention the part that he was clinging to the lowest rung on the football fan ladder.....

Quick Reply: Astro Fans...