When it rains, it pours...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it rains, it pours...

I've been awake now since 6:30am yesterday (9-29-05) and I feel like Gilligan. Itwas only supposed to be 3 hours of server maintenance last night. I worked my regular 7am - 4pm, then came back last night at 9:45pm and haven't left the server room since, not even a nap...

I have DNS problems, replication problems, sysvol problems, backup catalog problems, and Exchange problems. I finally said F it and called Billy Gates' boys on it all. Let those Indians figure this ***** out. I've now been on the phone with India for 103minutes and counting... This sucks!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
I've been awake now since 6:30am yesterday (9-29-05) and I feel like Gilligan. Itwas only supposed to be 3 hours of server maintenance last night. I worked my regular 7am - 4pm, then came back last night at 9:45pm and haven't left the server room since, not even a nap...

I have DNS problems, replication problems, sysvol problems, and Exchange problems. I finally said F it and called Billy Gates' boys on it all. Let those Indians figure this ***** out. I've now been on the phone with India for 103minutes and counting... This sucks!!

Well, that about sux an apes butt.

On the brighter side of things...I will have your new sig posted as soon as I get home and dress it up a bit.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
Well, that about sux an apes butt.

On the brighter side of things...I will have your new sig posted as soon as I get home and dress it up a bit.
Sweet...

Man, I picked a hellof a time to quit smoking. I haven't had a smoke since a week ago fromm last Sunday... Nicotrol Inhalers ROCK!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 05:40 PM
I had hemmoroids (sp) today. :o

Old 09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by SAJEFFC
I had hemmoroids (sp) today. :o
Hell, I have those everyday.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Sweet...

Man, I picked a hellof a time to quit smoking. I haven't had a smoke since a week ago fromm last Sunday... Nicotrol Inhalers ROCK!!!
Inhalers??? WTF??? I am so trying to quit, what is this inhaler?

Old 09-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Inhalers??? WTF??? I am so trying to quit, what is this inhaler?
They're little capsules that you put into mouthpiece and puff on instead of a cigarette. They work better than anything I've ever tried!!!

http://www.nicotrol.com

Last edited by BRUZRs_Daddy; 09-30-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:39 PM
bruzr is it over the counter or doctor prescribed? It looks like something I want to try. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2005, 07:45 PM

I have DNS problems, replication problems, sysvol problems, backup catalog problems, and Exchange problems. I finally said F it and called Billy Gates' boys on it all. Let those Indians figure this ***** out. I've now been on the phone with India for 103minutes and counting... This sucks!!!
The IT life aint all nine-to-five and big pay, is it? It's sometimes akin to working in an ER. In my younger days I once made it almost 72 straight hours before falling asleep on the jobsite. But I got 'er done...

Old 09-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Sweet...

Gave those things up four, maybe five years ago (but I've since hooked back up with my beloved cigars ). I went "cold jerky." That's right; every time I would normally smoke, I'd chew on a little piece of jerky instead (goes pretty darned good with beer - just like a smoke used to). Probably explains the cavities that followed, but I'd rather have lungs than teeth!

Best of luck and hang in there! There are cycles to your urge to pick it back up (someone once said seven days, seven weeks, and seven months). Fight each and every one - DON'T decide that just one is OK for tonight. Every time I was about to give in, I'd promise myself to smoke that "one" the next night over a beer. Then I'd do it again. And again. And again. It actually helped take the edge off to know I could "smoke" the next night, if not this night.

I guess we all have our own stories...

Old 09-30-2005, 07:54 PM
bruzr is it over the counter or doctor prescribed? It looks like something I want to try. Thanks!
Prescribed and expensive (as a lump sum), but if you break it down, it's actually cheaper than smoking. The prescription is for 6-16 capsules a day. I used to smoke a pack to a pack and a half a day of Camel Lights and I use one capsule a day, two tops, and feel fine.

I'm tellin' ya...They're the Shizznittiest!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by svermill
Gave those things up four, maybe five years ago (but I've since hooked back up with my beloved cigars ). I went "cold jerky." That's right; every time I would normally smoke, I'd chew on a little piece of jerky instead (goes pretty darned good with beer - just like a smoke used to). Probably explains the cavities that followed, but I'd rather have lungs than teeth!

Best of luck and hang in there! There are cycles to your urge to pick it back up (someone once said seven days, seven weeks, and seven months). Fight each and every one - DON'T decide that just one is OK for tonight. Every time I was about to give in, I'd promise myself to smoke that "one" the next night over a beer. Then I'd do it again. And again. And again. It actually helped take the edge off to know I could "smoke" the next night, if not this night.

I guess we all have our own stories...
Kinda like this sign I see in a cantina here..."Free beer tomorrow."

Old 09-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Cool...thank you sir. I will talk to my doc next week about it. I figure if I quit smoking I'll have more money to mod the truck!

Old 09-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Cool...thank you sir. I will talk to my doc next week about it. I figure if I quit smoking I'll have more money to mod the truck!
Here here!!!

Quick Reply: When it rains, it pours...