Aggie Hurricane Preparation

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thereisnospoon
Sorry man, didn't know it was that important to ya. If you want, I can edit the first post, say "wait for the exciting real explanation on page 2!"

Sure thang there pal...whateva floats yer boat.

Here's page two......go for it.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Ok, enough fun, got to go mow the dang yard. Ya'll have a sfe and pleasant weekend.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
He didn't kill it, just added to it. Why did they get pressboard instead of plywood?

Ummmmm....because, if you've ever been in a position of potential evacuation, you would know that people are insane about boarding up their windows and buy up ALL of the plywood regardless of whether or not they ever actually use it. When reports said that winds in College Station COULD HAVE REACHED 100mph (at the time it was set to go right down the 45 corridor), people rushed to the few places where they could GET supplies.

Plus, since stores rarely ever stock a huge lot of pylox clips, it is unlikely they could have boarded up their windows through brick or metal without drilling some ugly holes.

Stop and think - you may realize a thing or two every once in a while. But, thanks for saying that it adds to the joke - the joke's on you, big boy.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Ummmmm....because, if you've ever been in a position of potential evacuation, you would know that people are insane about boarding up their windows and buy up ALL of the plywood regardless of whether or not they ever actually use it. When reports said that winds in College Station COULD HAVE REACHED 100mph (at the time it was set to go right down the 45 corridor), people rushed to the few places where they could GET supplies.

Plus, since stores rarely ever stock a huge lot of pylox clips, it is unlikely they could have boarded up their windows through brick or metal without drilling some ugly holes.

Stop and think - you may realize a thing or two every once in a while. But, thanks for saying that it adds to the joke - the joke's on you, big boy.
First, I had a sensitive Aggie neighbor once, and you remind me of him, otherwise he was a great guy. Most Aggies join in the fun.

Secondly, I had a daughter and family and a son and family in the evacuation that stayed with us. So I know first hand what it was like. Our son still has not gotten back into Beaumont to see his home.

it was just a joke, lighten up. I even had my doubts it was for the hurricane when I saw it.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what that's all about. I was just giving you chit. Remain calm.

When everyone in Tyler was freaking out about Rita, you couldn't find 1 sandbag, 1 piece of plywood, and bottled water couldn't be found anywhere. I thought it was funny actually.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:30 PM
a daughter and family and a son and family in the evacuation that stayed with us. So I know first hand what it was like.
I will abstain from saying anything about the first part of your post so that I don't sound "too sensitive" to you. I did join in on the fun when I first saw this two days ago - now it's just annoying (especially when people don't get it).

In relation to the rest of your post, I hope everything turns out OK for all of them. I had 5 family members evac from Galveston. As they were watching the news reports, they kept saying "don't hit Galveston, don't hit Galveston" when instead they really should have been saying "go away, go away." I have heard the stories about Beaumont, Orange, Cameron, seen pictures, and the only thing I can say is that I hope everything is OK. A friend of mine has family still there in Beaumont and they report that most of their subdivision received damage due to fallen power lines and trees. I wish them the best in this time.

When everyone in Tyler was freaking out about Rita, you couldn't find 1 sandbag, 1 piece of plywood, and bottled water couldn't be found anywhere. I thought it was funny actually.
My wife works in Keller and said that people in KELLER were stocking up on hurricane supplies because of the "40 mph winds that MIGHT have come." Not to mention, I saw several people buying plywood from the Home Depot right down the road from me and several gas stations that started to have some semi-impressive backups from all the people getting gas as if it was going to disappear tomorrow (filling up their trucks, gas cans, etc. etc.). That was pretty hilarious.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:23 PM
As everyone should know, a major difference between pressboard and lumber is that lumber can tolerate rain - pressboard cannot. The first thing that
pressboard does in the rain is disintegrate. It may take an hour, but it
will eventually succomb to rain, buckle, crack, and disintegrate. If you
look carefully, it is not plywood in those windows - it is PRESSBOARD.
This isn't true. That's OSB (Oriented Strand Board). It's good for at least a week in the rain; It's got a #1 exposure rating.

-Fatz

p.s. sorry if you were just joking!

Quick Reply: Aggie Hurricane Preparation