Savage 25

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdoggfx4
I ended up buying a T-Maxx last night instead of the Savage 25 got a better deal and just a fast from what I have read. It's great so far but the break in period sucks!!!
I think you'll like the T-maxx more.

I can't say if the Savage is bad or not cause I've never used it, but if the hobby stores near you are like the ones near me, Traxxas parts are much more common then HPI parts, which is the world of difference when you break something.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by captainoblivious
I think you'll like the T-maxx more.

I can't say if the Savage is bad or not cause I've never used it, but if the hobby stores near you are like the ones near me, Traxxas parts are much more common then HPI parts, which is the world of difference when you break something.

Yeah I looked at the wall of parts and 60% of it were parts that were for the T-Maxx or would work on the T-Maxx

Old 09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
I want a 1/8th scale Kyosho Inferno 4wd buggy so bad.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Peacemaker
I want a 1/8th scale Kyosho Inferno 4wd buggy so bad.

It's nice if you like buggys taek a look at the one HPI is coming out with it looks bada$$, I looked at a bunch of them I just really wanted a truck. I very happy so far I can't wait to get off work and fire taht bad boy up!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Have fun man. After about four or five tankfuls, you can lean it out a bit and go full blast. Be sure to stock up on glow plugs though. 10% nitro usually is a little easier on plugs than 20%. But they fly with 20%. It's a tradeoff.

Here's a pic of my truck with the monster truck tires.

Last edited by Peacemaker; 09-29-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Have fun man. After about four or five tankfuls, you can lean it out a bit and go full blast. Be sure to stock up on glow plugs though. 10% nitro usually is a little easier on plugs than 20%. But they fly with 20%. It's a tradeoff.

Here's a pic of my truck with the monster truck tires.

I was looking at it last night I just wondering how lean I should make It. It says taht you should see a little smoke when to drive it and I do so I'm I okay or should I lean it out?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:25 PM
A little smoke means your mixture is slightly rich. The more smoke, the richer it is. You want it to just barely smoke when your breaking your engine in. Then after the break-in you can lean it out a little to just where there is a hint of smoke.

On my Torx .16, the mixture screw is supposed to be 1-1/2 turns out from fully closed during break-in. Then I turn it up to another half turn (2 full turns) to lean it out.

Old 09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
A little smoke means your mixture is slightly rich. The more smoke, the richer it is. You want it to just barely smoke when your breaking your engine in. Then after the break-in you can lean it out a little to just where there is a hint of smoke.

On my Torx .16, the mixture screw is supposed to be 1-1/2 turns out from fully closed during break-in. Then I turn it up to another half turn (2 full turns) to lean it out.

I have one more tank of gas to run throughtit and then i can start to mess with it.

Quick Reply: Savage 25