Fat guy in a little car review...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dzervit
I got a truck... I want something small and sporty to carve up the freeways...

I'm thinking of that scene in "Police Academy" where Hightower takes out the front seats of the Civic and drives from the back seat.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
I know this will sound pretty stupid, but.....

Test drive a Mitsubishi Gallant. I had one. They are roomy, but they don't have the getty-up that a Corvette has, handle great, and easy to maintain.

If I HAD to get another car, it would be one of dem.

I'm 6'4", my wife owned a diamante, I've driven a galant, been in a montero and an eclipse. They are all built for people under 6'. I had to lean the seat back in the diamante and galant to get my head in. The eclipse and diamante my knees were buried in the dash, and the montero, by the time I got the seat far enough back my head didn't scrape, my arms couldn't reach the steering wheel.

I should try getting into a Focus sometime when I'm at a dealer. I've even found the lincoln town car to not have enough driver leg room in it (in laws have an 03).

Old 09-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can just hear chris farley singing fat guy in a little car and see the car rocking side to side with him in it.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
I can just hear chris farley singing fat guy in a little car and see the car rocking side to side with him in it.

ME TOO!!!!

I tried search forever for a picture of that scene to post here.....

Old 09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT

I had that visual too, but didn't want to say anything.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I liked my Focus. I'm about 6'1" and 270ish, and I fit alright in it. Headroom was kinda tight, but I made due. Although I'd be ready to shoot someone if I went from my F150 daily driver to a frickin' Focus loaner car.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:44 PM
my first car... a 91 ford tempo..beings that im 6'4'' that was a tight fit. My mom and sister were just making fun of my last night how i used to have to peel myself out of that thing. Wish i had it back though....good beater car.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:47 AM
D!! Are those really your legs??!! We finally get to see a small part of big D??!! That's the closest thing to a picture of the real you that I've ever seen!!

Seriously, sorry for your troubles, I drove a Focus a few years ago and I liked it. It was zippy and had a decent stereo for stock...course I'm only 5'3".

Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
D!! Are those really your legs??!! We finally get to see a small part of big D??!! That's the closest thing to a picture of the real you that I've ever seen!!

Seriously, sorry for your troubles, I drove a Focus a few years ago and I liked it. It was zippy and had a decent stereo for stock...course I'm only 5'3".

we did get to catch a peek at his hand in that video of him trashing the rental in 1st gear when he flipped it off....

Old 09-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by dzervit
What a horrible, horrible car. Seriously. WTF Ford?!

Noise. Everywhere. My god make the noise stop!!!! Rattles, bumps, engine, everything! AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!

With just over 4k on the odo this car looks like it was at 100K and ready to fall part.
I recently had to bring my truck to the dealer, twice. Both times I got a Focus. It's seems a little funny, we spend decent money for our trucks and they give us an econo-box.

The first Focus was a wagon. It had 11k on it. It felt like it was a ten year old car. Noise? This thing practiclly drove me insane! I am an hour from the dealership where I got my '04 F150. There were so many squeeks and rattles. More than my work van loaded up with all my tools and material. It was GOD AWFULL!! And to top the Focus experiance off, this one smelled like a$$.

Well, this "wonderful " dealership wasn't able to adress the issues on the first visit so I had to go back again. Eighty miles away. I guess I should have found an '04 Lightning closer to home, BUT THER WASN'T ANY!!! So, once again I went to this dealership, delt with the attitude and got to drive another Focus home. This one wasn't as bad as the last one. Smelled better. Not as many squeeks and rattles, a few though (7k on this one). This one had cruise, which helped a bit on the drive. Cheap though. Wow!

I understand the need for inexpensive transportation, but this Focus.... It's a poor example of what Ford is capible of.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
... That's the closest thing to a picture of the real you that I've ever seen!!...
After a member has posted quite a bit, I kind of form a mental image.
I have met several members over the years and it's never what I expect.
You may not know this but, there are at least two Fords driven by owners with a third eye in the middle of their forehead.

A bandanna is a dead giveaway I tell ya'.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
I understand the need for inexpensive transportation, but this Focus.... It's a poor example of what Ford is capible of.
Exactly! Makes me want to hit other dealers to see if the other automakers put out this crap for the compact segment. I mean hell, the Focus has been on the C&D 10 best list a few years running (mainly due to the SVT they admit). What are the other automakers like?

Originally Posted by Wild-Rosey
Yup, that's me. With the hand, legs, and maybe various other body parts I'll post you can have Kobi create a whole picture.

Old 09-30-2005, 02:50 AM
^ ^ ^

Kobi where are you?? Get in here and photoshop a picture of D out of that little sample!!

Old 09-30-2005, 07:02 AM

We finally get to see a small part of big D??!!

oh my! when did Rose become a leghumper?

Quick Reply: Fat guy in a little car review...