Just ask Kobi . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paulv107
..snip...

-Why do people pull into drive up atms backwards? (I work on ATM's and have yet to figure this out, also I have never figured out the braille on drive ups either)

...snip...
I'll let master kobiashi answer the rest. But I can answer this question.

The brail is on the drive thru ATM's because it is the same key pad face plate that is used on inside ATM's at malls etc. It is cheaper for the manufacturer use the same plate than to make 2 seperate die plates for each key pad plate.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
I'll let master kobiashi answer the rest. But I can answer this question.

The brail is on the drive thru ATM's because it is the same key pad face plate that is used on inside ATM's at malls etc. It is cheaper for the manufacturer use the same plate than to make 2 seperate die plates for each key pad plate.
Well there you have it . . . thanks PSS. That answers that question. Always happy to get help from the experts and learn something new.

kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 06:49 PM
hows this:

kobi,

lets say you are in an office on monday and someone says 'the meeting will be on the second floor, in the front conference room, next wednesday.'

if that was all you had to consider as far as the date is concerned, would you think the meeting would be held:

a) two days later, which in fact would be the next wednesday that would happen, or

b) a week from 2 days later which would be the 'next' wednesday, after 'this coming' wednesday.

bottom line is, when is next wednesday?

if you answer this, maybe i can advance, earn a higher salary, and in turn buy another motorcycle to replace the one i sold, and rolled into a nice snowblower.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I think we lost Kobe...too much now he's ...

Old 07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by billycouldride
hows this:

kobi,

lets say you are in an office on monday and someone says 'the meeting will be on the second floor, in the front conference room, next wednesday.'

if that was all you had to consider as far as the date is concerned, would you think the meeting would be held:

a) two days later, which in fact would be the next wednesday that would happen, or

b) a week from 2 days later which would be the 'next' wednesday, after 'this coming' wednesday.

if you answer this, maybe i can advance, earn a higher salary, and in turn buy another motorcycle to replace the one i sold, and rolled into a nice snowblower.
Billy, Billy, Billy . . . .

OK, this is a multidimensional answer . . . part will answer the question in the strictest sense and another will answer it in the practical sense . . .

First, you ask:
"if that was all you had to consider as far as the date is concerned, would you think the meeting would be held:"

Just know, it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what is . . .

that said, you ultimately ask:

"bottom line is, when is next wednesday?"

OK . . . in the strictest sense of the word, (assuming that today is Monday), NEXT Wednesday is not the day after tomorrow (that would be THIS Wednesday), but rather a week from the day after tomorrow.

So, it being strictly a matter of semantics . . .

day after tomorrow = THIS Wednesday
the Wednesday after this wednesday is the NEXT Wednesday.

OK . . . that answers when is NEXT Wednesday . . .

HOWEVER . . . just becasue that's what something is, doesn't mean that the moron who used the term actually understands what she/he said. The dufus saying "next" Wednesday may have meant "this" Wednesday but wasn't smart enough to know what they were talking about...

THEREFORE . . . if you want to advance, and get that motorcycle, cover yourself. Be prepared for the meeting as if it were the day after tomorrow and then go to the confrence room and see if everyone else was under the impression that "next" actually meant "this". If everyone is there and the meeting is on, you're GOLDEN! You're covered, you're looking good!

If, on the other hand, you go to the confrence room and no one is there, you're still covered, and you've got an extra week to polish your presentation (or whatever it is you do at such meetings).

Either way, regardless of how THEY interpret what NEXT Wednesday means, you come out winning . . . and get that new bike . . . only this time we can only hope you don't drop it into a Zamboni - or whatever it was.

Good luck

Kobi-

Last edited by kobiashi; 07-29-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
hows this:

kobi,

I'm only a know it 1/2 all.
My guess would be a week and 2 days.
If it had been in two days then they would have said "this" Wednesday.
But next Wednesday means you have to get through the first Wednesday first. But then you have to take into consideration the intelegence of the person giving you this information and to them "Next Wednesday" could be the next Wednesday comeing up. So at that timeif that was the case then it would be in two days.

Edited to Add:
DANG IT TO HECK!!!
kobi must type faster than me cause he beat me to it!
Great minds think a like though.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 07-29-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:17 PM
now it all makes sense....

i seem to remember performance reviews with the word laxative, or lactating, or maybe it was lackadaisical.

maybe if i always think of next wednesday as being two days from now, i'll be okay.

you da man.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:20 PM
. . . i seem to remember performance reviews with the word . . . lactating . . .

THAT would be scary !!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 07:22 PM
All knowing Kobi

If the answer is C0CKROBBIN what is the question apart from the obvious one?

Old 07-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
All knowing Kobi

If the answer is C0CKROBBIN what is the question apart from the obvious one?

What is this? Jeopardy?

Aside from the fact that it appears to be the screen name of some weirdo on a UK Singles site

http://profiles.genuineukswingers.co...uineukswingers

(You've gotta love Google)

I have no idea.

That wouldn't be you listed there on that site, would it? (The UK connection is suspicious!)

Kobi -

Old 07-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Nope, not me.

I just wondered if there was a different question to

"What's that up my ***, Batman"?

Old 07-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Uummmmmm . . . .

Sure, OK, thanks for sharing that with us.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Old 07-29-2005, 08:08 PM
oh wan kobiashi son

do you have any frikin idea how long you will have to do this?

lol

better you than me 'ol wan kobiashi son answer grape

...zap!

Old 07-29-2005, 08:15 PM
WHy is my tolerance of stupidity becoming shorter with each passing day? Doesn't this planet get that I know best? God I hate people.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm touched you love me. Right backatcha. I'm trying to spread some love today.. .

Last edited by dzervit; 07-29-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ask Kobi . . .