First HEMI kill..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up First HEMI kill..

Lined up at a light, we both started out slow... then each of us started to give it a little more gas... then we both realized we are alpha-male jackasses and wanted to be in front... so we floored it right 'bout the same time... the Tan Terror pulled away with ease. I slowed, he came up beside and gave the wave and signified his loss... we ran again at the next light. Same result. Tan Terror owned him. I love it. Slow trucks my ****...

Old 07-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Anyone smell that??

JK bro...good kill, its always nice hearing about a hemi goin down

Last edited by imurhuklbery; 07-02-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:12 AM
yeh ive seen dyno sheets on the hemi's most of em put down around 176HP stock... theres no way they have 345hp at the crank or they have 160+HP power train loss???

Old 07-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I failed to mention it was a fair match-up. Both monster super crews on stock tires, both trucks 'sounding' and looking stock. My only performance mods are the kinda weak 1714 tuner (91+ tune) and my K&N filter (NOT CAI). Granted it was only a 20-50mph and 0-50mph run it's nice to know the other guy had a nice view of my Undercover...

Old 07-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Nice kill, a friend of mine and I were on the freeway once and we were able to burn a Hemi from 60-80 stock, now that i have the tuner and the itake i can run with them from 0-60. That Hemi is pretty powerful to is the Titan, ive run both of them and have to say that the Ford is a pretty good opponent for them now.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
I failed to mention it was a fair match-up. Both monster super crews on stock tires, both trucks 'sounding' and looking stock. My only performance mods are the kinda weak 1714 tuner (91+ tune) and my K&N filter (NOT CAI). Granted it was only a 20-50mph and 0-50mph run it's nice to know the other guy had a nice view of my Undercover...

It's kinda funny you referred to the 1714 as "weak", because I remember late last year and early this year, it was the best thing since sliced bread according to tons of other people.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by RandallT
It's kinda funny you referred to the 1714 as "weak", because I remember late last year and early this year, it was the best thing since sliced bread according to tons of other people.
At the time it was... but after nearly 7 months of driving with it I've gotten used to it. Plus, the 87 tune is worthless. I said that back when I got it. The premium tune is nice... but still lacks some power... I want more. Plus, with a 'custom' tune and an x-cal touting up to 50% more ponies than a 1714... well, sounds to me like the 1714 is the weak one!

Now, I just gotta find a Titan to run and see what's up with all the hype.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Good kill! I have yet to run with a Hemi. I've wondered if I would be able to stay ahead. I would hope so but 345hp is pretty strong.

There is always a better mod around the corner. If we waited for the "best one ever", we'd still be waiting. It sucks when you get used to better performance. I'm way too used to the way my truck is. It feels slow. I guess the next step is a new motor and trans, or a new factory supercharged Ford. Either way, it looks like I'll be waiting till next year.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
At the time it was... but after nearly 7 months of driving with it I've gotten used to it. Plus, the 87 tune is worthless. I said that back when I got it. The premium tune is nice... but still lacks some power... I want more. Plus, with a 'custom' tune and an x-cal touting up to 50% more ponies than a 1714... well, sounds to me like the 1714 is the weak one!

Now, I just gotta find a Titan to run and see what's up with all the hype.

Now, don't take this as me being any kind of trader or anyting, but my buddy has a Titan and I have to admit that it is a really nice truck. Sure the outside is not that great looking, but the interier is really nice. They offer so much extra stuff in theirs, and in the power dept it's not lacking at all. Now, I am not saying it will beat a Stang or Vette or anyting like that, but I can say for a heavy truck, it sure can move along rather quickly. Anyway good luck on your hunt for the Titan and let me know when you find and beat one....

Old 07-02-2005, 04:43 PM
yeh i got two friends with titans ones a crew cab the others an ext cab. i raped the crew cab and the ext cab it was a slow creep pullin away from him at around 80mph on up.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once you get these trucks tuned properly they walk a hemi bad, and Titan goes down too but you do need to pick your battles with similar body styles so the weight difference is at least close.

Good KILL dzervit

Old 07-02-2005, 10:48 PM
So I just got back from a party... met a guy with a 2-door 4x4 Ram (non-Hemi, he had the big magnum engine). He said it was quick off the line unlike the Hemi, but the Hemi has the top-end. After my run-in with the Hemi, I figured he was correct. He said he looked at the Ford & Nissan but when DC due to the price (hellova deal) and the engine. We went for a ride in his... not a bad ride, somewhat quick but nothing special... even for a light 2 door. We got back and got into the Tan Terror... I drove him on the same loop he took and floored it in the same spots... the look on his face was priceless.. "This is NOT like the one I drove.. holy crap!" I honestly think I would have a good run against him. You could see him 2nd guessing his purchase... commenting how nice the interior was, blah blah blah... heh heh heh! I love it. It really is too bad our trucks got a bad rap for being slow due to the horrid factory PCM programming on the early builds.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a question.

Did ya go, "YEE-HAW" when ya won?

Old 07-03-2005, 04:14 AM
i said yee haw when i won...

Old 07-03-2005, 09:43 AM
This is the ghetto, not he-haw Kentucky.

Quick Reply: First HEMI kill..