Pep Boys Customer Service........Oxymoron??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shelpdoggSVT
If a missing taco pisses you off......the wrong brakes may have sent you insane!!!

Old 06-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
Why is it everytime Taco Bell shorts me product and I circle around the building to complain, the guy on the other end of the speaker sounds like he's talking with his mouth full?

That SOB works here too!!!

Old 06-14-2005, 10:35 PM
I had just got finished restoring a Fairmont, when I found that the starter was bad.

Not really that big on Pep Boys I went there anyway to get the starter, as that was all the girl could afford. Oh yeah I should mention that I was restoring it for my cutie next door neighbor. Anyway, I got the starter and after fighting to get the old one out and fighting the new one in, it still didn't start.

Going through the whole diag again I found that it was a bad starter they had sold me. So I brought it back, they checked it, sure enough bad starter.

So they gave me another one. Now, you would think I would have asked them to check this one out to before I got it back. But having faith in Murphy and that he really doesn't care to get in my path. I brought it back and fought with getting that one in.

Now, I don't know how many of you out there have done a starter on a Fairmont. But let me assure you it's not a picnic to get it in and out between the engine, frame, trans, and trans lines.

None the less, a second bad starter. I fought it back out, brought it back to the store and it was about a half hour to closing. There is now only one kid left behind the counter who doesn't know how to check these things. The kid then goes to the stock behind him and brings me an alternator. Close

So I, in disbelief, asked for my money back, went to NAPA and paid the difference myself, instead of asking my neighbor for it, just so I didn't have to do it again.

She is still driving it today. By the way yes, she still looks D\@*n good.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Before this gets moved to General discussion

You went to Pep Boys. The bottom rung of parts stores, the worst of the worst, bad selection, bad service and bad installers, and you expected them to Amaze you with customer service by driving the parts to you across town ? They can afford to have more than one cashier working at a time and they clearly cant afford to hire parts people who know what they are doing ... what makes you think that they have spare employees, just hanging around for free, that could actually find you across town ?

Doug

Old 06-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver_2000_;)!
...You went to Pep Boys. The bottom rung of parts stores, the worst of the worst, bad selection, bad service and bad installers,...
Thanks a lot Doug, you sure burst my bubble!
I had aspired to becoming a Pep Boy one day.
I am already a boy, all I needed was some Pep.

You should think about what you're typing before you just start flailing away like that, destroying someone's goals and dreams. Fortunately, I have a backup plan and will move on it without delay.

If you got something to say about Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, damnit say it now.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Talking

^^^^^^*****&^ raoul^^^ never misses a beat

Old 06-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Why is it everytime Taco Bell shorts me product and I circle around the building to complain, the guy on the other end of the speaker sounds like he's talking with his mouth full?
you know damn well he's eatin that taco you got shorted!!!

the only reason I went to Pep Boyz is they were the only ones around here that had the Hawk pads!!??? ....I drove 40 minutes one way!!!..... From now on I will do the extended research and make sure the parts are correct.

oh well....live and learn......

Old 06-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Raoul
Thanks a lot Doug, you sure burst my bubble!
I had aspired to becoming a Pep Boy one day.
I am already a boy, all I needed was some Pep.

You should think about what you're typing before you just start flailing away like that, destroying someone's goals and dreams. Fortunately, I have a backup plan and will move on it without delay.

If you got something to say about Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, damnit say it now.
That ^ gave me a good laugh. Thanks, I needed that.

Quick Reply: Pep Boys Customer Service........Oxymoron??