Whats wrong with Ford trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm behind....so if your comments are for page II, ignore my post, I have to go back to:

Originally Posted by 2112
They are $3,000 less then the underpowered 5.4L 300hp F150s and are much nicer inside.

WTF? Are you serious? I drove a RAM 1500 this weekend. I had to ask my cousin if he rally liked it. Wanna know what he said, "I'll trade you Dodge for your Ford." And, he was serious. I bet you my next pay check, he's driving an F-150 soon, VERY soon.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Ford had it right when they kept the same body style 150 250 350 seris, That's why they were the best selling truck, Ford is lossing to much money building several verrsions of the basic pick up....Gm learned this in thier car line up, a buick, a Oldsmoble, a Chevolet, Pontiac, Four verssions of the same car, and not one was any better built.

So, If I ever become Ceo at ford, I'm dropping the ranger, explorer super crew, Ford Escape, and the....f-150body style. I will up production of the super duty, add a Bronco like modle to replace the escape, Add a f-100 light half ton to replace the ranger-super crew, add a f-200 to replace the current f150 and the f250 and f350 will remain super duty trucks.

Also, Drop the prices $2,000 to $5,000 in the superduty seris, which will be all ford trucks....oh, and the lightling...add a super charger to the v10 which will fit in rebadged verson of the super duty.

My 04 f-150 is a great truck and I have no compliants with it But's to much of a compramise for want I want in a truck.

Oh, and each truck has to have two bubbles and four horns, (Hommer Simpson-powel Motors)

this is one of the strangest posts I have read in a while. They are losing money? But yet you want to add a Bronco? Those things lost tons of money which is why they are no longer built.

And a supercharged work engine? You know that superchargers dexcrease engine life, right? And you want to decrease the engine like of a fleet truck?

Now THAT is a great way to lose customers of the highest margined vehicle at Ford.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by J-150
1986 Ford Shelby Tempo
J-150, I'd loooooooove to see pics.

Last edited by jamzwayne; 06-06-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
QUINTIN, Told you people would argue with him......

#2 Cyclone.....if you are 6'3, why would you buy a Reg cab and then complain about no leg room?.....just curious.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Man I love these threads! My only comment is to whoever said they sold nearly a million F150s... no they didn't. They sold nearly a million F SERIES... that includes every truck beginning with an 'F'... and containting a 1/2/3/4/5/650...

Old 06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Arrrg!!!
First I thought that I had already replied to this thread already but I can't find my posting! Second as I was typing a reply just as I was almost finished then the power went out and I lost everything.
Let's try this again shall we....

Alright, Former Bow tie guy here with my 2 cents worth on the subject.
When I was shopping for a truck I thought that I wanted a Dodge Ext cab 3 or 4 door. After driving several Dodge and Fords over a 2 month search this Ford thing that I had always not liked so well started to grow on me, impressing me with the quality of build vs Chevy or Dodge. The materials used, craftsmenship, and fastner placement and frequency seemed much better. Which is a big flip because use to Dodge would put in more fastners than anyone else to hold on the same part. But that could explain the $3K difference in price. Like everything else in life you get what you pay for.

After talking to several owners and mechanic friends this is what I kept hearing from them.
Ford Owners were not liking the gas mileage of thier bigger V8's. Several mechanics said to be aware of the 99 or older Ford rear ends. Not all but they said an exessive few had a problem of locking up. I have not heard an owner complain of this nor have I heard of it in the problem sections on here either.
Dodge Owners are concerned about thier transmissions, most have already replaced thiers once or twice. Mechanics said to be aware of the transmission problems even through current models. They haven't changed anything yet as of last Sept. One mechanic who bought a Dodge Sport 4x4 ext cab 3 weks before I bought my truck said that he has replaced ALOT of transmissions in them but most were the ones not equipped with factory tow package. No one else has observed this in thier shop it has been equal tow package vs non tow packages being replaced else where. I have observed this in many friends who own Dodge vehicles including but not limitied to thier trucks.

Now that being said, I have a question,
I am assuming you are in construction since that is ussally what "Job Site" refers to most often. Why are you leasing a truck to use at a job site?
You realize that it is in the lease contract that you can not use it for that. If they find out then that could void the lease and you agreed by signing the lease, to buy the truck at an agreed price, ussally almost twice the sticker price plus what ever you had already paid during the lease. If you just want the status of owning oops I mean driving a full size truck. (Since you are leasing you don't own it. Then especially since you leased a small V6 at that???) Then you will probably be happiest with what ever you consider to be the prettiest, cheapest, with the best gas mileage that you can find.

Once you get a classier, faster truck then get in touch with me I have been pulling up tree stumps, I'll probably still be pulling them most of the summer. Then I have a 14x20 wooden shed I am going to drag onto a trailer and relocate too. You can find out for yourself just how long and how fast the fast truck works.

BTW: My stock 5.4L 2wd gets me out in traffic with out a bit of problem even after I am use to driving my Trans-Am.

You'll have to decide if you want a truck to use on the "job site" or if you want a sports car before you will beable to make a good decsions for yourself. But you can't have both in the same vehicle, it just unfortunatly does not work that way. Between gears, weight distributuon, etc. etc. a vehicle is set up different for work or speed.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 06-06-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
WOW.

I have to take a break after reading your post...good job.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Sorry...
I did a lot of research before I bought my truck and thought that I would share my knowledge from it. It was hard for me to drop my pride and buy this truck because I had jokingly mouthed Ford so much before. But I have to say that Ford has it right on these trucks and I could not be happier with it. It does everything I have needed it to so far and has not complained yet. My Chevys would ussally start complaing about the abuse and parts would start going out by now. So far I've replaced the fuel filter once... eewww... LOL

I figured I would get ribbed for my purchase but no one said a thing, they just looked at me very confused and said. "YOU?? You.. bought.. a.. Ford???"
I replied with.. "Yea, it impressed me so I'll give it a chance." It's been almost a year and it hasn't quit impressing me yet.
I don't complain about the gas mileage becasue if you can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch, you have to pay to play, etc., etc. Now if it drops down to below 5mpg then I will start complaing and searching for the problem... Proabably more like if it drops below 8 or 10mpg.. LOL

Old 06-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
Man I love these threads! My only comment is to whoever said they sold nearly a million F150s... no they didn't. They sold nearly a million F SERIES... that includes every truck beginning with an 'F'... and containting a 1/2/3/4/5/650...

which I think is 50% F150, 50% SuperDuty.
I dont know if its still this way, but a couple of years ago, Chevy outsold Ford in halftons, but they dont sell all that many heavy duty trucks.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
Thats what I meant, I was just so pissed off at this assclown, and trying to type at the same time, it wasnt coming out right.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I hear ya Matt,

I did tons of searching for the truck I want too. I didnt go by looks or performance. I went for comfort and controll. I love the way these trucks ride, and they handle beautifully. I drove a Ram, I drove a few chevy's, and I sat in a Titan, but nothing came close to my F1fitty.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
J-150, I'd loooooooove to see pics.

not until Im finished installing the 3' wing.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by J-150
not until Im finished installing the 3' wing.

That's even better. Will the spoiler match the paint or will it be an off color? If it's an off color, it will help will HP.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 PM
It's best if you buy it "ready to paint" but don't! Just leave it in colored primer and put it on. The paint adds weight and wind resistance reducing the down force effect of the spoiler. When you paint it then you just cut a foot off of the spoiler hieght as far as performance is concerned. Add paint and your 3' acts like a 2'. Not worth the time money and effort to paint it!

Old 06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne

That's even better. Will the spoiler match the paint or will it be an off color? If it's an off color, it will help will HP.

it'll be 2 tone... grey primer and red primer

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with Ford trucks?