Whats wrong with Ford trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2112
Of course I am not comparing what I drive currently (which is manual by the way) to the competition. I have driven the 5.4L V8 several times and I'm sorry but even the 5.6L Titan is faster, not to mention the Ram. I could care less about towing or hauling or anything like that, I am looking for performance.
Performance to do what? Cant be to much more than you were already doing with your 4.2liter. If you want to race, why dont you buy a sports car? If you want to switch brands, go right ahead and buy a ram or titan and see how you enjoy the experiance. Bottom line is, if you want performance in terms of speed, buy a sports car, trucks are made for hauling and towing. If you are speaking of performance in terms of hauling or towing, the f150 you test drove was undoubtly unloaded so you could not accuratly judge the performance that way. How old are you anyhow? 16?

Old 06-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by 2112
Of course I am not comparing what I drive currently (which is manual by the way) to the competition. I have driven the 5.4L V8 several times and I'm sorry but even the 5.6L Titan is faster, not to mention the Ram. I could care less about towing or hauling or anything like that, I am looking for performance.
So...maybe you never heard of the F150 Lightning. It's not available in the new body style...yet but it's still a fast truck. Buy one used or is it you can't get into one because you want to lease it?

I'm not going to slam the competition, I just let my friends with the "other" trucks do that for me after they ride in mine.

Good luck on your choice.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...zap!

Old 06-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Suspended
Best selling, dosen't meen best built......The only thing Threatining here is your follish loyality to Ford when some one exercise's thier freedom to comment + or - regaurding Ford.....Ford is outclassed by the dodge ram, Titan, the only draw back, is the 5.7 Hemi is a gas hog and dodge has white faced instermintation and the Titan is to much $$$.

I drove a Honda ridgeline, Truck/car had ample power for daily driving and was more comfortible than my f-150, Reg cab, I'm 6 ft three and my only complaint with my Ford truck is lack of leg room with the new design.

In Comparring a Ranger or sport track, to the Honda ridgeline, Ford product's are pitful, granted theas are pretend trucks for mommy consumer and are not practical for my needs.

If ford is going to regin sumpreame, they have to quit building the f-150, scarp it totaly. Put the f-150 suspension on a super duty, than rebadge a super duty f-150, The newly styled super duty's are far more truck like than the Femine f-150.

Ford had it right when they kept the same body style 150 250 350 seris, That's why they were the best selling truck, Ford is lossing to much money building several verrsions of the basic pick up....Gm learned this in thier car line up, a buick, a Oldsmoble, a Chevolet, Pontiac, Four verssions of the same car, and not one was any better built.

So, If I ever become Ceo at ford, I'm dropping the ranger, explorer super crew, Ford Escape, and the....f-150body style. I will up production of the super duty, add a Bronco like modle to replace the escape, Add a f-100 light half ton to replace the ranger-super crew, add a f-200 to replace the current f150 and the f250 and f350 will remain super duty trucks.

Also, Drop the prices $2,000 to $5,000 in the superduty seris, which will be all ford trucks....oh, and the lightling...add a super charger to the v10 which will fit in rebadged verson of the super duty.

My 04 f-150 is a great truck and I have no compliants with it But's to much of a compramise for want I want in a truck.

Oh, and each truck has to have two bubbles and four horns, (Hommer Simpson-powel Motors)

Old 06-05-2005, 02:17 PM
I am not sure if you're using a French --->English translator there cyclone, but you REALLY need to work on your spelling/grammar. And thank goodness that you will never be the CEO of Ford Motor Company. I'd stop driving altogether...

-Chris

Old 06-05-2005, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE] My 04 f-150 is a great truck and I have no compliants with it But's to much of a compramise for want I want in a truck.
[QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you have alot of complaints....makes me wonder why you bought a Ford.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Suspended
well.....to each thier own....,No worries on me becoming CEO of Ford. I did spot a lot of spelling errors in my last post, and yes, MY grammer is poor, Next time, I will type better and not RE. invent my own version of English. Thank you for your care and concerns and I hope my opion in the preceading post is not lost.

T Bird 69. I Just bought out my lease on the ford f-150, signed on with ford credit for four more years to pay off my truck, I do have issues with the ford f-150 but their minor Querks, No warrenty cliams in the last year. for my f-150

Last edited by cyclone vampire; 06-05-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:43 PM
For all you 'real men' that want speed...go down to your nippon dealer and pony up for one of those nippppooonnnnnneeeeese crotch rockets. Bolt on a turbocharger and ride wheelies down the interstate at 180+ mph.

There's nothing wrong with Ford trucks,

Scott

Old 06-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
#1Best selling, dosen't meen best built......The only thing Threatining here is your follish loyality to Ford when some one exercise's thier freedom to comment + or - regaurding Ford.....Ford is outclassed by the dodge ram, Titan, the only draw back, is the 5.7 Hemi is a gas hog and dodge has white faced instermintation and the Titan is to much $$$.

#2I drove a Honda ridgeline, Truck/car had ample power for daily driving and was more comfortible than my f-150, Reg cab, I'm 6 ft three and my only complaint with my Ford truck is lack of leg room with the new design.

#3If ford is going to regin sumpreame, they have to quit building the f-150, scarp it totaly. Put the f-150 suspension on a super duty, than rebadge a super duty f-150, The newly styled super duty's are far more truck like than the Femine f-150.

#4My 04 f-150 is a great truck and I have no compliants with it But's to much of a compramise for want I want in a truck.
#1. Ford is outclassed by the dodge. Really. God i guess you havnt sat inside a lariat before. What are you driving an xl?

#2. Hmm im 6'4 and i have plenty of leg room. More than i even need. But maybe i just have midget legs and all torso.

#3. Greeeaat idea. Quit building the best selling truck in america. Put the f-150 suspension on the superduty?? WAIT...i bet your going to tell me the new f-150s ride rough as hell....

#4. If its not what you want then why did you buy it. So long fella...

Aftar reiading your post i fell licke i juss got a lotta bit dummer.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Suspended
Lariat is a cat's *** truck, No use to me on the job site, and no you don't have midget legs and Torso, just a midget mind......

Old 06-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Lariat is a cat's *** truck, No use to me on the job site, and no you don't have midget legs and Torso, just a midget mind......
I have a suggestion...

Shut up!

So whats the use in having a Fast n Furious truck on the job site? I bet your racing into a job and racing out just to go to the next job.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Suspended
Hum, the ford bridge across the river is rocking here.. going to be a long hard fall for some of you., Fast and furious, not my 04 f-150. This truck has been great and my comments that it is a compromise is the truth, ( all I could afford ) or expressing what I don't like with the ford 150 is salt in the wounds to some off you....well cry me a river.... Let's put this post back on track and comment on what ford can do to improve thier trucks.....

Old 06-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I love the 97 and up F-150's, especially the new ones. Great pickups. However, I also like the new Dodges....gotta admit, theyre sharp trucks. However, I will never understand why people still buy chevy pickups. Cheapest made truck out there, simply put. Ive driven 6 or 7 2002 and up Chevy pickups, I was amazed how cheap these trucks are, and people just keep on buying them....go figure....

Old 06-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmmm. Ill start taking bets on when this tread will get locked.

Every truck has their problems. Every truck is superior to the others in different ways, to different people. Everyone has opinions. Unless they are way out of line, let them voice them at least.

Around here it's Ford country. Im a Chevy man(yes, strange that I bought a Ford)
I get ***** all the time for it. But in the experience we've had with different trucks (yes, we have owned both Ford and Chevy) and my oppinion, I think the Chevy is the better truck (you can flame away boys, try to change my mind etc, honestly I dont care, and my mind wont change). Im just here to learn about my truck, and this site has helped with that big time. But you can be sure when I find a Chevy that will work for me that I can afford, this Fords goin bye bye. And Dodge, dont even mention that word to me, I think they all suck

So anyway Ill shut up I dont really know what Im even talking for, but people have different oppinions, and if you want to fit in and not get in a fight, its best to keep it to yourself around here, and most other places. And Im not meaning the thread starter either. Someone had a different oppinion, and everyone just jumps on them for having one. Now in a few cases we've had around here, I can totally understand it. 14 year olds etc comming and talking smack, bashing everyone, heck yes, get them the heck outta here and give 'em hell. But d@mn.

Ok, now ill shut up

Old 06-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Hmmmm. Ill start taking bets on when this tread will get locked.

Every truck has their problems. Every truck is superior to the others in different ways, to different people. Everyone has opinions. Unless they are way out of line, let them voice them at least.

Around here it's Ford country. Im a Chevy man(yes, strange that I bought a Ford)
I get ***** all the time for it. But in the experience we've had with different trucks (yes, we have owned both Ford and Chevy) and my oppinion, I think the Chevy is the better truck (you can flame away boys, try to change my mind etc, honestly I dont care, and my mind wont change). Im just here to learn about my truck, and this site has helped with that big time. But you can be sure when I find a Chevy that will work for me that I can afford, this Fords goin bye bye. And Dodge, dont even mention that word to me, I think they all suck

So anyway Ill shut up I dont really know what Im even talking for, but people have different oppinions, and if you want to fit in and not get in a fight, its best to keep it to yourself around here, and most other places. And Im not meaning the thread starter either. Someone had a different oppinion, and everyone just jumps on them for having one. Now in a few cases we've had around here, I can totally understand it. 14 year olds etc comming and talking smack, bashing everyone, heck yes, get them the heck outta here and give 'em hell. But d@mn.

Ok, now ill shut up
GOOD!!!!

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with Ford trucks?