glass pacs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glass pacs

hi guys......does anyone in here like glass paks ...or what are any of your thoughts on glass paks...for my self i had put some on my truck ..size 18 they said the 18 was the quietiest glass pacs you could get and wouldnt be as loud as the 12 or 14 but the 18 was perfect not to loud and ive had more people ask me man what kind of mufflers you have those sound awsome and i have never had anyone ask me or tell me anything about my exaust and some of the people asking are people i never meet ...i really love that glass pac sound its so awsome...thanks guys

Old 04-23-2005, 09:35 PM
When I think of glass packs I think of 1970's Chevy truck not a newer F150. Flowmasters are far better IMO.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:37 PM
better as in how for me i like the sound and when u say better whos to say sound wise which is better that is a personal thing i would guess ...so how do u mean better as in lasting longer or what ...but thanks for your thoughts

Old 04-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
A friend of mine had glasspacks on his '77 F250 when I was in high school. They were loud, and when you're young and dumb and in high school, loud is cool. They sounded like crap though.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Re: glass pacs

Originally posted by REDFORD97
hi guys......does anyone in here like glass paks ...or what are any of your thoughts on glass paks...for my self i had put some on my truck ..size 18 they said the 18 was the quietiest glass pacs you could get and wouldnt be as loud as the 12 or 14 but the 18 was perfect not to loud and ive had more people ask me man what kind of mufflers you have those sound awsome and i have never had anyone ask me or tell me anything about my exaust and some of the people asking are people i never meet ...i really love that glass pac sound its so awsome...thanks guys
As long as you're happy with 'em that's all that matters!!

Old 04-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Quintin
A friend of mine had glasspacks on his '77 F250 when I was in high school. They were loud, and when you're young and dumb and in high school, loud is cool. They sounded like crap though.
Yep my cousin has a 99 chevy with the 5.7 vortec...glass packs on it...and he thinks its so awesome but it really sounds like crap. Yes it is loud but it is abnoxiously noisey where as my truck is nice and tone and isnt annoying. He ended up turning his packs around backwards to quiet it down a little. Still sounds like but. Mine may not be the loudest but i bet i have gotten more compliments on how well it sounds. Just straight piped and dualed out with a soundblaster on it.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:13 PM
lol thanks guys well sounds like im the only one that likes them hehe the 18's sound really good and i really love it when you get on gas a lil and then let off how it belows down wow now that is what sounds cool and i know one guy said in 1 post above about them being loud and anoying but maybe you heard the 12 or 14 size now those r loud and get on my nervers...

Old 04-23-2005, 10:15 PM
oh yeh plus i grew up in the 80' and glass pack were more popular then i guess the louder the better then but i dont like it really loud thats why i went with the 18 but if the 18's were about 2 db louder then i would think there were to loud they r right on the line for me anyway thanks guys

Old 04-24-2005, 01:07 AM
I think glasspacks just have more of a cheap sound to them. Not a bad sound, just kind of cheap. I like how loud they are. I would want the Flowmaster sound with glasspack volume.

Quick Reply: glass pacs