Pope John Paul II

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pope John Paul II

I think its really sad how media plays things out. Im watching the news right now and there about to talk to a childhood friend about the pope. Sometimes i just dont get people. Im 24 and this is the only pope ive ever known. I would like to say. God Bless the pope. He has lead a tremendous life. He forgave the man that tried to kill him. I will be atending church this sunday. I havent done that in years.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness
or his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk hrough the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff,
hey comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 AM
While I agree Pope John Paul II, has done a lot in his years as Pope, and has been a great Pope. I think his two greatest accomplishments have been reaching out to the youth of the world, and bringing Catholics and Jews closer together.

However the Roman Catholic church, still has a lot of reforming to do. I just wonder what Jesus Christ would think of corruption of the church in the 2 thousand years since his death. I bet he would be shocked to see how the church treats, controls and limits women rights and responsibilities in the church. Also how the church has become a secretive, closed old mans club. I realize one man can’t change what has taken 2 thousand years to develop, but he still could have done more.

We will see what reforms come out of the death of John Paul II, and the appointment of a new Pope and leadership in the church.

Last edited by Don's Bolt; 04-02-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I realize one man can’t change what has taken 2 thousand years to develop, but he still could have done more.
If you believe the Bible, I man did make a large change in the prevailing religion. His name was Jesus Christ.

I understand your point though. I'm just being a turd.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:55 PM
**BLUEWORKHORSE**

are you on FordTruckWorld also?

Old 04-02-2005, 02:58 PM
its official, he died at 2.37pm eastern time.

Quick Reply: Pope John Paul II