IMO, an interesting observation...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SAJEFFC
uhh...little choir boys??? .... Just kidding, man I'm goin to hell now! ........
This guy came came looking for you today.
He said his name is Lucifer.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 04-01-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Dzervit made me say it!

Old 04-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SAJEFFC
uhh...little choir boys??? Just kidding, man I'm goin to hell now!

but what do you mean?

The Vatican denies that choir boys and other youngsters are being molested by priests.

The fact that they cover it up and quietly move the priest away (instead of letting the courts at them) is a pretty strong denial... dont you think?

Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Very interesting observation indeed…

I guess in basic terms it comes down to “the glass is half full, or the glass is half empty”, different perspectives. It is a reflection of those who look ahead of what is possible and those who do not have the ability to look ahead but rather look at today and what is not possible.

Some people see nothing but road blocks while others can see around and find a solution to removing the road block. I haven’t done any research into the different media outlets but I would be willing to bet that on any given issue we have that some of these media outlets (liberal leaning / glass is half empty) see no possible hope for solutions and/or would rather do nothing and maintain the status quo while the other media outlets (conservative leaning / glass is half full) feel that it is our responsibility to look into issues, debate the possible solutions and then try our best to solve them.

It is ok to try and fail but a sin to never try because that is guaranteed failure…

Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I think this webmaster thread has a helluva nerve treating us like adults and trying to engage us in thoughtful dialogue, hoping we'll be good.

I don't even believe in a webmaster.

I say you're just here and when you're gone, you're gone.

And that crap about the webmaster built the site in seven days, come on.

Anyone familiar with the Internet Big Bang theory?

If an all knowing webmaster really existed and created this Late-Model Ford site, how come I saw fender parts for a 1948 Ford on EBay?

That is just like dinosaur bones my friends and you can't argue with that kind of logic!

If there is a webmaster, may monkeys fly out of my butt!

Old 04-01-2005, 07:56 PM
That's pretty effin deep, dude.

Originally posted by Raoul
I think this webmaster thread has a helluva nerve treating us like adults and trying to engage us in thoughtful dialogue, hoping we'll be good.

I don't even believe in a webmaster.

I say you're just here and when you're gone, you're gone.

And that crap about the webmaster built the site in seven days, come on.

Anyone familiar with the Internet Big Bang theory?

If an all knowing webmaster really existed and created this Late-Model Ford site, how come I saw fender parts for a 1948 Ford on EBay?

That is just like dinosaur bones my friends and you can't argue with that kind of logic!

If there is a webmaster, may monkeys fly out of my butt!

Old 04-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
With all due respect to Steve for trying to make us think, I have a different question regarding the Pope and his ultimate demise.

I noticed the Italian press just said the public will know when the Pope has expired. The doors to his balcony will be closed, and the light in the room will go dark. Also, it has been tradition that when a new Pope is chosen, smoke rises from the vatican.

My question, Why the hell do the Vatican officials need to talk to the rest of the world by "sign" language. Doors open if alive, closed if dead, lights on if alive, closed if dead, no smoke, no Pope, smoke, Pope, why can't they just step out front and say he's a gonner, or we got a new one!

What's this issue with communication through signs?

Old 04-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by serotta
I am speculating that perhaps it’s a reflection of what religion is all about? God does not actually come right out and talk to anybody but rather communicates through “signs”…

Old 04-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I guess in basic terms it comes down to “the glass is half full, or the glass is half empty”, different perspectives. It is a reflection of those who look ahead of what is possible and those who do not have the ability to look ahead but rather look at today and what is not possible.
and somewhere in between is the way it should be. "hope for the best, plan for the worst"

Old 04-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by serotta
With all due respect to Steve for trying to make us think, I have a different question regarding the Pope and his ultimate demise.

I noticed the Italian press just said the public will know when the Pope has expired. The doors to his balcony will be closed, and the light in the room will go dark. Also, it has been tradition that when a new Pope is chosen, smoke rises from the vatican.

My question, Why the hell do the Vatican officials need to talk to the rest of the world by "sign" language. Doors open if alive, closed if dead, lights on if alive, closed if dead, no smoke, no Pope, smoke, Pope, why can't they just step out front and say he's a gonner, or we got a new one!

There are Many questions about Religion that outsider's looking in don't understand. Dunking under water? Eating pcs of bread and drinking fruit juice? Getting on your knee's and mumbling stuff to yourself? Believing some middle Easter, Jewish Guy born two thousand years ago by a married "Virgin" is the son of God? I think it comes from a book called the Bible or something....

Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I read this in an AP report on Yahoo!

"The camerlengo, now Cardinal Eduardo Martinez Somalo of Spain, must then verify the death — a process which in the past was done by striking the forehead of the pope with a silver hammer."

Now, I know the Pope is a pretty easy going guy, but I could only imagine how pissed he would be if they smacked him in the head and he wasn't dead yet.

Whatever happened to taking a pulse?

Old 04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
^^I've never heard that before If that is true then that is funny. I bet they forgot to tell him that when he decided to take the job. "Ohh by the way if we ever for any reason belive that you might be dead... Then we will smack you in the forehead with a sacred hammer. If your sleeping then that will wake you up! If your on your death bed then that will put you out of your misery.

Originally posted by BHibbs
There are Many questions about Religion that outsider's looking in don't understand........ Getting on your knee's and mumbling stuff to yourself?........ I think it comes from a book called the Bible or something....

Yea but if you tell the outsiders that somebody mumbeld something back to you.. especially if you tell them that it said to "Kill the ones that embrace an alternative lifestyle." or something like that. Then they put you in an insane assylum!

Old 04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Who are these 'outsiders'?
If there are outsiders then I must ask, Who is my Brother?

Old 04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
They are a roving gang of teenagers with names like "Pony Boy", "SodaPop", Dallas and "Two Bit". Together they are called "Greasers" or "Soc's".

Old 04-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
If there are outsiders then I must ask, Who is my Brother?
I think I can help you out with this Raoul......

An outsider is anybody that is outside of your "group"..

In this case a group is more than 1 person sharing the same ideas, belives and/or notions. Anybody who does not fit the same criteria would be the outsider to this group... BUT this group is at the same time the outsiders to the ones that do not fit this criteria. Follow me?

Example: Your group would consist of you and your sheep... Anyone who does not raise thier sheep to be stump broke is outside of your group... But then because you raise your sheep to be stump broke then you are the outsider to those who don't....

Make since now?

Edited to add:
Ohh I almost forgot... Your brother is that Albino Ram in the East 20, field #2 lot.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 04-01-2005 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: IMO, an interesting observation...