Terri Schavo is dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think it needs further explanation. You made a blanket statement and called anyone that trusts their spouse a fool. That's truly a depressing perspective, in my opinion. But you are welcome to it, it's just an opinion and one that I defintely do not share.
i see both sides but you cant ignore some facts:

what is the current divorce rate?

ever been around when someone passed away and seen how ugly things get?

ever talked to someone in a family business that went bad?

i truley love and adore my wife and in my heart know we will be together forever, but i am realistic to know that most that get married feel the same way at one time or another.
My marrital status can change, my kid will alway be my kids.

yes that is depressing.

what if you were getting a divorce, but it was not final, would you want your spouse of 3 or 4 years to deside is you live or die because legally you are still married.

there is no one set of rules that cover these situations, lord know common sense and the law dont go together.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:52 PM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the current divorce rate?
I don't really care about the divorce rate. My marriage and relationship with my Wife has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else's marriage. If I went into my relationship with my Wife thinking about statistics then it would be doomed to fail from the start. What a depressing thought. I prefer to be an optimist, rather than a pessimist.

ever been around when someone passed away and seen how ugly things get?
No. However, the decision were made by my Parents, Aunts and Uncles for both my Grandparent's that it was time to "pull the plug" and they all agreed. No arguing.

ever talked to someone in a family business that went bad?
Nope, I'm the first entrepreuner in my family.

what if you were getting a divorce, but it was not final, would you want your spouse of 3 or 4 years to deside is you live or die because legally you are still married.
Not relevant, I have a living will.

Last edited by webmaster; 04-01-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Steve, you just haven't been chased with a rolling pin yet.
I tell 'ya those statistics start flying through your head when you're running for your life.

I've been running for 28 years and she ain't caugh......

Old 04-01-2005, 02:59 PM
F150online
Founder
Just did a quick Google...

National divorce rate appears to be falling (http://www.divorcereform.org/rates.html --- first site I found, don't know how accurate it is):

Since 1990:
1991, 0.47%
1992, 0.48%
1993, 0.46%
1994, 0.46%
1995, 0.46%
1995, 0.43%
1997, 0.43%,
1998, 0.42%,
1999, 0.41%,
2000, 0.41%,
2001, 0.40%

That shows me that more people stay married than get divorced. That means the odds are for staying together, not breaking up. That's not depressing. I guess that's just the optimist in me again.

Last edited by webmaster; 04-01-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's a man in Rome right now ready to die. He's one of the powerbrokers that says what Shiavo did is within his rights as a husband
Funny, I remember him saying to let Terri live.

Old 04-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
57% success rate, is that suspposed to be good?

Steve, you just haven't been chased with a rolling pin yet.
no but he is optimistic that she won't. i am going home and hiding all the rolling pins just in case. call it preventitive maintenance!

Old 04-01-2005, 04:45 PM
I guess I should check this more, I'm getting people talking ***** and I haven't been defending myself. You wanna talk about her not having to deal with people like me. I hate playing this card, but I'm a firefighter/paramedic, my life is dedicated to helping people. What the hell do you do to help people. I see patients in her condition many times and if I remember right the doctor described them has unfeeling and unaware of her surroundings. I didn't attack you personally, and if you don't like my opinion fine. Refute it with the facts and not your own bull ***** feelings on the matter. And besides Frank S, aren't you Chistian, shouldn't God be the only one to judge...............

I'm a good christian though, I'll forgive you........

A$$ Hole...............

Last edited by Lois_must_die; 04-01-2005 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Really Old "Member"
I was going to stop while I was still not too far behind, but.

Let me retract my statement that my opinions do not count, they do but all I could do in commenting about the general circumstances that lead up to the last two weeks would have just been another re-hashing of what everybody had already said, not only on this forum but hundreds of others.

And...I certainly did voice my "opinions" on the method of ending the woman's life and the, what I described as, the media and political circus that we have witnessed these last two weeks.

The thoughts for today are sort of like this.

We are faced with four things basically, again in my opinion.
This is a situation that involves interactions of human beings which it is my understanding are the most complicated species on the planet. Anything can and will happen when you get into this type of situation. that has been so forever.

We have a body of science that can do things unheard of only a hundred or so years ago, let alone, let us say, 500 years ago.

We have legal and political systems that, again, are vastly different than not that long ago.

And...we have a communications system that was only a glimmer in someone's eye perhaps as recently as 20 years ago.

To paraphrase one of Steve's remarks, this is not the end of this case or hundreds or thousands like it. This sort of situation has existed since the beginning of time but nobody knew about it outside of a very small circle. Now, it is all over the internet or the TV 24/7.

I am an admirer of progress but sometimes I wonder about the cost.
Bill

Old 04-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
Funny, I remember him saying to let Terri live.
yes he did... but his dogma still supports the patriarchal situation where Mike stays married to his wife while with another woman (that church prefers adultery over divorce and says sodomy amongst teens is okay because it isnt sex) and makes these decisions without input from her parents.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:42 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Whitetrash SVT
Maybe we can wrap her in copper wire to see if she generates electricity turning in her grave.

Check this...

I seriously hope there is no truth to this...Talk about *****ting where you eat.

-Jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this would be Schindlers List, part 2?

Old 04-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that church prefers adultery over divorce and says sodomy amongst teens is okay because it isnt sex)
I'm not Catholic, their twisting of the Bible doesn't apply to me.

Refute it with the facts and not your own bull ***** feelings on the matter. And besides Frank S, aren't you Chistian, shouldn't God be the only one to judge...............

A$$ Hole...............

And you call this facts?

Old 04-02-2005, 09:04 AM
I think everyone, and the media is missing the real issue here.

Terri's familly and husband failed her more than 15 years ago when she had her eating disorder. If they has fought for her then, like they have been doing since her heart attack, she would still be alive today.

I just wish that this sad case would have brought greater attention to eating disorders, so we can keeps these types of cases from happing to other people now and in the future.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
I'm not Catholic, their twisting of the Bible doesn't apply to me.

Refute it with the facts and not your own bull ***** feelings on the matter. And besides Frank S, aren't you Chistian, shouldn't God be the only one to judge...............

A$$ Hole...............

And you call this facts?

sure they're facts. This is the position they support. I was pointing out how hypocritical their position is.

And you are sounding mighty Catholic... to forgive me and call me an a$$hole in the same breath.

Hey... let's go rape some choir boys, say some hail Mary's and still go to heaven because we are forgiven.

Gotta love religious hypocrites. But as long as you mention God while you do it, you are not doing anything wrong.

Quick Reply: Terri Schavo is dead