Terri Schavo is dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster
The cynic in me says this is not over, from a legal action or media circus perspective.

If it has not happened already, I would image that the Schindler family will file several "wrongful death" civil lawsuits against Michael Schiavo, the State of Florida, the Federal Government, the hospice, etc.

I sincerely hope this does not happen, but rather both sides let her finally rest in peace.
I agree with you on that. She should be allowed to finally be at peace but you just know that isn't going to happen. I think this is going to be drug out for a long time to come.

R.I.P.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Many people are putting too much faith in the science of today. Mike Shiavo is having an autopsy done on Terri to prove he did not abuse her. All the autopsy will prove is whether she had old injuries, not who injured her.

She fit the classic definition of a persistant vegitative state, as recognized by the courts in Florida. As far as being a vegitable it refers to you cognitive ability not your autonomic abilities. Your involuntary life support is not consiencely controlled by you brain so just because you are a vegtable doesn't mean you have to be on life support. Look at all fo the frontal lobotmies condtuct in the early 1900's the person was basically a vegtable after the procedure. The front lobes controls the concience side of your life not the "living" side.

Terri had a heartattack 15 years ago brought on by a "chemical imbalance." Every account I have heard and read states she had almost no potassium in her body due to anorexia/buliema. She was dead for 5 minutes. Your brain starts to die after about 4 minutes.

All I can say is my wife knows me better then anyone and she knows my wishes better than anybody. She is named as the final decision maker on my living will and she can take comfort knowing she is only implementing my wishes. I have adivsed my father of my wishes in case the wife is also incapicatated, but I believe the wife would take a decision closer to how I want to live then anybody.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose (snip)

I think this is going to be drug out for a long time to come.

That’s an understatement if there ever was one. This will fester for a long time to come.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Frank S
Wrong. She only required a feeding tube. A vegetable must rely on respirators, heart machine, etc. If this were an animal being starved/dehydrated, you would've seen the world being torn apart. You can rationalize her murder anyway you want to make you feel better. Sick.
Nice try... a vegetable can't feel, do anything on it's own, or comprehend what is happening around them. Guess what? That's Terri! It's a shell of a body, her brain was toasted 15 years ago and is total mush now. Murder... that's rich. She went out peacefully and medical science tells us she was not tormented or 'starved' to death... she felt nothing and is barely consious... you can rationalize her passing anyway you want to make you feel better about getting into other peoples business.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Nice try... a vegetable can't feel, do anything on it's own, or comprehend what is happening around them. Guess what? That's Terri!
Nice try, but once again we only get the 1/2 truth. The definition of vegetative state varies in description. Read up.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Nice try x3... Terri's veggie-like state was couldn't do crap but breath and gurgle... numerous Drs said she won't feel anything, she is too disconnected from everything. She went quietly.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Terri's veggie-like state was couldn't do crap but breath and gurgle... numerous Drs said she won't feel anything, she is too disconnected from everything
Not what the Doctor from the Mayo Clinic said after examining her.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
He didnt examin her, we spent a few minutes with he and watched some videos.

However, I think what happened was complete crap.

Mike gave up his loyal hubby status when he moved in with another woman and had kids. Sorry pal, while you have the right to move on you just gave up your husbandly rights. The fact that he is going to bury her ashes in a undisclosed location so her family can not come to the funeral is absolute crap. Mike Schiavo is a complete and utter piece of garbage. Her parents are slightly insane as well, however you let the Mother and father of the dead woman to her burial site, end of the story.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think there are some many parts of this story that we will never know. i hope money is or was never any part of it.

she died at 41, it happened at 26. how long were they married before it happened.
does knowing someone 3 or 4 or 5 year give you the right to make this desicion?

i have been a parent for 8 years and my babies will be my babies til i die, shouldnt i have some say in their life and death situations, especially if i am willing to take full responsibility?

i can honestly say that the love for a child is uncomparible to anything i have experieced in life. just cant put it in words.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Well said Dave. Like I said before, the major lesson is not to trust a significant other, because someday they may be not-so-significant. Anyone who does is a fool.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
F150online
Founder
Anyone who does is a fool.
What a sad and depressing comment. As you said earlier, you trust your family (presumably including your parents?) with your life decision, but you honestly don't think they should trust each other?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:12 PM
who murdered her?

the Jell-O and spoon were right at her bedside anytime she wanted to eat it.

Oh wait. She wasn't capable of that. Nature took its course. You know that nature that takes the old, sickly and weak? Happens every day, all day in every corner of the world.

It's not pretty and no its not necessarily humane, but it certainly isnt murder.

But if we want to throw about crime names such as "murder" lets also throw out "torture" and "kidnapping" and "forcible confinement" for keeping Terri a prisoner in her own body for 15 years. Murderers on death row get a 9x9 cell. She got a 2x6 bed and some nurse to wipe her a$$. Letting her go was the most humane thing they could have done.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
What a sad and depressing comment. As you said earlier, you trust your family (presumably including your parents?) with your life decision, but you honestly don't think they should trust each other
How is that depressing? I come from a close-knit Italian family. I know that if I were laid up for X amount of time, in a 'truly' vegetative state, that the plug would be pulled. There was no 'plug' in Terri's case. All I'm saying is that a marriage can be broken as what Michael Schiavo did. He was shacked up with another woman and even had 2 kids by her. He should've not been in the equation at all, but he was. Just because he was still married according to "man's law", he has the power to do what he wanted. Blood is always thicker than water.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:20 PM
F150online
Founder
I don't think it needs further explanation. You made a blanket statement and called anyone that trusts their spouse a fool. That's truly a depressing perspective, in my opinion. But you are welcome to it, it's just an opinion and one that I defintely do not share.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
He should've not been in the equation at all, but he was. Just because he was still married according to "man's law", he has the power to do what he wanted. Blood is always thicker than water.

there's a man in Rome right now ready to die. He's one of the powerbrokers that says what Shiavo did is within his rights as a husband.

You truly believe what you say, dont get on the badwagon and praise him when he dies.

Quick Reply: Terri Schavo is dead