Trip to Florida costs $624 for gas!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Trip to Florida costs $624 for gas!!!!

Hey everyone. This is a little long but is has been a long day so please bare with me.. just drove 21 hours straight home from Florida.... Decided to take the FX4 to Daytona Bike week, trailered 3 hogs behind the F150 and she rode like a DREAM, seemed to get smoother the faster I went...1st let me say Bike week was an absolute BLAST! I will be there every year til I die...
The point of this post is to let you know how crappy I think my gas mileage was...and that maybe someone has some input. On the way there we left Upstate NY at 5 am and it was freezing cold... First tank we went 200 miles before filling up.. I thought nothing of it, maybe bad gas, too many hills...or the weight of the bikes and the trailer was affecting it...But I am supposed to be able to tow up to 9k lbs correct me if I am wrong? Anyway this continues all the way to Daytona and I by Georgia am pissed, and so was my wallet! It was a good damn thing I had 2 other guys pitching in for gas! And one of them drove his Honda civic down behind me and after drafting the ***** out of me the whole way down, I thought to myself that I was not only towing the 18' motorcycle trailer, luggage, 2 Fatboys and my Roadking...But I was also towing that little jap scrap POS all the way to Florida!!
Needless to say I couldnt blame him, because on the way home it was just as bad and he wasnt behind me...Only thing that helped was the hills going down in PA...Which by the way has the *****TIEST highways in this country! Will someone please tell me why Pa even exists?? It is a hole in the earth, with more potholes that the damn moon!!!! Fix your roads people, use some tax dollars and get those roads fixed!!!
Alright im done..I am going to sleep!! All in all it was an Awsome trip...Met all the big bike builders..... And OMFG I have never seen so many hot girls in 1 weeK in my life!!!!! And got some good memories and some killer pics also....

Old 03-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cincinatti has the worst roads I've ever seen My only experience with PA is whatever one can see from I-95.

Glad you had fun, one of the biggest benefits of living in FL is bikinis 10 months a year.

These trucks suck gas. These trucks have always sucked gas. These trucks will always suck gas. Driving fast while pulling a trailer causes Ford trucks to suck more gas than the Space Shuttle. I've never had a gas powered Ford truck get better than 10 mpg pulling a trailer. My 78 F250 with the 460 4bbl got about 7-8 mpg but could pull your house off it's foundation. My newest F150 has averaged 12.5 since I bought it 5 months ago and I've only pulled a trailer occassionally.

DZ wants pics of hootie cans!

Old 03-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi from PA!
You can always take the long way around next time...

Old 03-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned
Originally posted by JohnAndDar
Hi from PA!
You can always take the long way around next time...
Those darn PA people, they have no respect either LOL

Old 03-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by TritonXLT
Those darn PA people, they have no respect either LOL

Old 03-12-2005, 07:39 PM
You will never be as much of an A$$ hole than someone form NY!!! We take pride in our bad attitudes.... Next time, I will use a Diesel...

Old 03-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Suspended
Your telling me, so many hot girls here. and when they see a guy hurt in a wheel chair its all done from there.

Old 03-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Banned
wow! Last time I B***ed about the roads last year was when I went to SC for a job for a month. They were horrable! I was talking to a girl there about it when everyone started to call me a "yankey"??? I told them..huh? I'm not from NY? I'm from Ohio I told them, they go, I know, your all yankeys and we hate Northen people? Wow...those southern state people are mean as he** LOL

Old 03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Suspended
Thats cause you done dissed our roads. We don't take kindly to folk like that.

Old 03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by jhartz
You will never be as much of an A$$ hole than someone form NY!!! We take pride in our bad attitudes....
I never noticed that before...
LOL jhartz. I understand how you feel about the pot holes. Unfortunately, some roads are great and some are terrible.

Next time, I will use a Diesel...
Sounds like a good idea...espeically if your friend in the Honda expects you to pull him along again...

Now get some sleep!

Old 03-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Triton, load up your junker pickup and Cmon out West young man, no bad attitudes here, just a few wild Indians and Volcanoes..lol

Old 03-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Re: Trip to Florida costs $624 for gas!!!!

...Only thing that helped was the hills going down in PA...Which by the way has the *****TIEST highways in this country! Will someone please tell me why Pa even exists?? It is a hole in the earth, with more potholes that the damn moon!!!! Fix your roads people, use some tax dollars and get those roads fixed!!!

I know I'm from a different country ( Canada ) but I don't think any States can beat the roads we have up here .

I use to live in Florida with a nice Mustang convertible but when I move back to Montreal my car was more a pain to drive then anything else so the FX4 with the nice ashtray rattle is a lot better then my Mustang .

gas is pretty pricy up here but what can we do....

Glad you had fun at the bike week .

I'm in the motorcycle business myself for over 20 years !

Old 03-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time in FL once you got there. I drove there once and vowed never to do it again.

Feel free to post some of the pics you took while down there, I think we'd all like to see...

Old 03-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Triton, dont take it personal. Everyone from above the Mason-Dixon line is a Yankee (as long as you are visiting). If you decide to stay here youre called a "Damn Yankee"!

Old 03-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About 10 years ago I saw a study that showed Cali and Georgia had the best roads overall. The roads up north arent all that sucks lol. Being from the Cincy area I can say that they do indeed suck. But the worst I've ever seen is in the Philly area. You literally are non-stop dodging potholes in that town.

Quick Reply: Trip to Florida costs $624 for gas!!!!