BUSH or KERRY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by D Davis
Thats the scariest reason ever. like him or not at least you know where Bush stands,and He has the Ba11s to stay standing there.
Just cuz u know where someone stands doesnt make them the proper candidate. Standing in the wrong spot doesnt show you have *****, it shows that you dont have enough sense to get out of the way.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pgh_medic
[B]How can you have a screen name like "buckdropper" and vote for Kerry? He voted to take away our gun rights every time over the last 20 years. Yeah, he portrays himself as a hunter, but only on TV. Vote for Kerry, I hope you like "dropping bucks" with rocks, or shooting them with a camera.

Firefighters and Sportsman for Bush in '04!!

pgh i will be hunting long into the future no matter who is the president. You do make a good point but when you weigh in all the mistakes bush (shrub i like that) has made then call my son in iraq and tell him just what he is doing there and why he may die to defend what??. We all have the right to vote for whom ever we choose and after what i heard today about iraq had NO WMD's at all,,, well how do i tell my son that when he asks "why are we here dad" It just makes me ill to think about it...

Old 10-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by vvyk3d
Just cuz u know where someone stands doesnt make them the proper candidate. Standing in the wrong spot doesnt show you have *****, it shows that you dont have enough sense to get out of the way.
I know I just like where he stands

Old 10-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by buckdropper
...well how do i tell my son that when he asks "why are we here dad" It just makes me ill to think about it...
There is a lot of macho, toughguy grandstanding here but, they don't have the chips on the table that you do. Vote how you see it.

Do not burden him with what makes you ill. Lie if you must. Lie so that he doesn't know you're lying. He doesn't need that baggage in country.

When he returns, let him form his own opinion on the war first and then support him.

Bush Kerry, Left Right, screw them all.
He's your son.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:38 PM
I agree with Raoul, he is your son and it is yours and his decision on what you think is right.

However, if it were my son or daughter my answer would be:

”It’s tough to see the reasons when the “hopeful” outcome may be generations away from where we are today. This is part of the big picture and it has to do not only with America’s security but its survival. Regardless who has been President, and what policies have been or not been in place, for the past 50 years the fact remains we are dependant on oil and the Middle East as a source for that oil. If that supply were to dry up tomorrow America would go through a great depression, worse then anything ever seen before in our history, our lively hood and survival as a nation depends on oil.”

“Oil aside, there is great unrest in the Middle East and that unrest has been caused by generations of neglect and perhaps America shares some of that blame. Nonetheless, that unrest has given cause to many people who have a one sided opinion of us to hate us and want to kill us. They want to kill your father, mother, brothers and sisters and the little 5-year-old girl down the street, all because of who you are and the life you live, freely. If given the opportunity to be free, or somewhat free, then perhaps in another 50 years they will see America for who we really are and that will curb or eliminated their hate towards us to where they will not want to cause massive death to innocent people.”

“Your reason for being in Iraq at this time is not so much the WMD’S but the hope to bring some security and subside some or most the unrest there. That will greatly affect America’s security, future and future generations and it will greatly affect any future killing of innocent American’s in America and around the world”

“You have a real purpose there, regardless the arguments here at home, you are serving a real purpose, and you are serving your country and helping to maintain its freedom…”

Old 10-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
There you go, what Burt posted is exactly what your son needs to hear from you.

I don't agree with it and you may not either but, God help you that's what you have to say to your son.

Burt, I know you believe it and I respect that.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Buck, you can always just give him a hug and say:

"You're a hero. You may never do anything in Iraq that ever makes the United States of America any safer or better off but you have at the very least helped give a nation a chance to choose its own way (regardless of what they choose) and in the end, that gift of the freedom to choose what you do with your life and your country is the most precious gift you can give someone. The fact that you helped to do that in spite of deriving nothing but grief and suffering from your sacrifice, makes it even more noble. Regardless of the morality of your mission, you served your country without cowardice or complaint and in the grand scheme of things you served a higher purpose when you provided people a chance to make a better place for themselves and hence your honor will always be above reproach. Your standing as a brave, generous, and decent man will never be compromised by the failure of government policy. As long as there are people of character and conviction in the world like yourself, there will always be hope that anyone anywhere can strive become more than they are and aspire to help others do so as well."

Maybe I'm full of it but that’s what I'll tell my brother, as I'm sure that before this is over he'll end up there or in some other conflict in the war on terror.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:09 PM
[i]
pgh i will be hunting long into the future no matter who is the president. You do make a good point but when you weigh in all the mistakes bush (shrub i like that) has made then call my son in iraq and tell him just what he is doing there and why he may die to defend what??. We all have the right to vote for whom ever we choose and after what i heard today about iraq had NO WMD's at all,,, well how do i tell my son that when he asks "why are we here dad" It just makes me ill to think about it... [/B]
I felt the same way about going over to Iraq 13 years ago for Bush Sr. I knew it wasn't for the liberation of Kuwaite but for oil. But I did my duty like a good Marine does regardless.

I applaude your sons efforts I hope him and all the rest of those brave young adults make it home safely. Its ashame so many have had to die when the real job wasnt finished in the first place 13 years ago.

2 Bush's now have made terrible mistakes and still dont have the guts to admit when they are wrong. Its very disheartening.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
There you go, what Burt posted is exactly what your son needs to hear from you.

I don't agree with it and you may not either but, God help you that's what you have to say to your son.

Burt, I know you believe it and I respect that.
Thanks Raoul, I think…

I do honestly believe what I posted and it is what I would tell my daughter. I think many people think I believe this because Bush is the President. Truth be told I would believe in it with as much conviction if the President was Clinton, Algore, Kerry or who ever.

I have stated many times, not lately, but have in the past I totally agreed with what President Clinton told us about Iraq which is the same thing President Bush has told us. Nothing changed about the situation and facts in Iraq except who was President here in America.

There is a report out today that helps back up my convictions about Iraq and what both Clinton and Bush has told us. Granted at this time we haven’t found much WMD’S and maybe never will. What the report out today states is Iraq was waiting it out until the sanctions were lifted to start up their WMD program. As a matter of fact the report “claims” that Iraq was buying or seeking material from France for their WMD programs as well as from China I believe.

In either case it’s a report and unless Saddam was out on his own and actually admitted that those who don’t want to believe wouldn’t believe regardless.

I know many people think Bush went in because of his father. That is a debatable issue but I truly do not feel Bush went in for that reason. I believe he went in for the same reason Clinton wanted to go in but Clinton couldn’t do it. He couldn’t do it due to the political climate at the time. Now that too is debatable as to who’s fault Clinton’s and/or the republicans but nonetheless Clinton, due to the political environment at the time couldn’t go in if he had wanted and he sure was talking the talk and yes I “actually believed” the man.

So for myself I have stayed consistent in my beliefs and convictions when it came to Iraq and the danger they presented to America, I never changed or wavered from my beliefs just because Clinton left office.

So hopefully in future debates those that disagree with me will remember that, this is not about my support for Bush and thus blindly supporting the war in Iraq because that support was there well before Bush was running for office to begin with…

buckdropper,

I am not really the type that prays much, but your son as well as all the other service members is in my prayers, I do believe they are serving the purpose the military was originally designed for and that is to protect America and its citizens…

Your son is a very brave man and he, as well as you, will forever have my deepest respect…

Old 10-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop flip

Old 10-08-2004, 12:26 AM
jpdadeo

I liked that pop quiz...where'd you get it ?

For extra credit. His wife told a group of Sodomites that
they could call her " Moma "

Old 10-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally posted by Raoul
There is a lot of macho, toughguy grandstanding here but, they don't have the chips on the table that you do. Vote how you see it.

Do not burden him with what makes you ill. Lie if you must. Lie so that he doesn't know you're lying. He doesn't need that baggage in country.

When he returns, let him form his own opinion on the war first and then support him.

Bush Kerry, Left Right, screw them all.
He's your son.
Thanks Raoul, 66 and 01 you guys are great. I know my son Joe will come to his own conclusion but if he asks me i will remember what you guys have told me here. I was in nam and remember we were going to free them folks as well. That did not work out to well did it. Take the politics out of war and call it what it is a "WAR" and get the job done without all this *****footing around using other troops and people. Use what is the best, use our troops and get the dam job over with and bring our sons and daughters home. I have not heard from my boy for almost 3 weeks now so i sit here typing this and my head spins just wondering about the **** he is in because i know what its like to knee deep in the **** and my heart pounds just thinking about his safety.. Thanks guys... when i hear i will let you all know..

Last edited by buckdropper; 10-08-2004 at 01:04 AM.

Quick Reply: BUSH or KERRY?