PICS of my dead truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICS of my dead truck

Got in a car crash last week. Still cant walk. My friend was driving my screw, I was asleep as a passenger. He fell asleep and we hit a light pole at 65mph. So now I am looking for a new truck, maybe an 04 FX4 or a Nissan Titan. I like the looks and interior of the Ford best (by alot, but hte Titan isnt bad), but I really like alot of the extras I can get with the Titan. Plus the cheaper price is nice! But anyways...

Here it is. A sad site indead. I was the passenger. I have only God to thank for being alive.

First pics was taken at accident. The rest were taken at the towing yard.

~Colby

Old 09-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Old 09-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Were my leg was pinned and why I can't walk.

Old 09-17-2004, 10:22 PM
And all the stuff that "came" of the car... Back doors, wheel, lights, running board, etc.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Uhhh ... ouch!!!!!

Glad you're still here with us!

Old 09-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Banned For Violation of Terms of Service

I hope you heal up quick!

Wow...

Old 09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey, I like those wheels!!!

So, how mangled are your legs?! How tall are you? I'm looking at that passenger seat and if I was in it, I'd have no legs and two broken hips. Zoiks. When you say "still can't walk" it sounds like the doc says your gonna make a recovery?

My prayers are with 'ya kiddo... take it easy and get well!

Old 09-18-2004, 12:42 AM
one word

CARNAGE

Old 09-18-2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks for all the words of encouragement everyone!

As for how magled my legs are, actually all considering, not too bad. I am 6'3'' and my left leg made it out bruised and battered, but my right leg got twisted backwards, tearing ligaments and I have something called an exfulsion (however thats spelled) fracture. 6-8 weeks minumum before I can walk again and I will have to go through thearpy.

But I am very lucky. The cracked dash and whatevers down there cut through seven layers of leather, cloth and thick platic in the back of my shoe just barely cutting into me. Not bad at all.

They say that if my friend had been going 10mph faster, it might have removed my legs. What saved my life was that I was asleep most likely.

Someone was sure watching over me! Thanks!

~Colby

Originally posted by dzervit

So, how mangled are your legs?! How tall are you? I'm looking at that passenger seat and if I was in it, I'd have no legs and two broken hips. Zoiks. When you say "still can't walk" it sounds like the doc says your gonna make a recovery?

Old 09-18-2004, 02:49 AM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
Originally posted by Bullitt4711
Thanks for all the words of encouragement everyone!

Someone was sure watching over me! Thanks!

~Colby

God was watching oer you my friend...
Get well (Heal) soon!

I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep behind the wheel, and I'm still here to talk about it. I don't take chances now a days, and I can never get comfortable with someone else behind the wheel...

That's probably why I hate flying! I'd feel better if I had the controls....

Old 09-18-2004, 05:42 AM
Wow...that sucks! Notice how the truck crumpled up in the passenger compartment. The '04 F-150's should do that. That was one of the issues with the previous F-150. I remember seeing that on TV, when they tested the older model. It didn't look pretty.

Old 09-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Ouch is an understatement!! You were extremely lucky to have gotten away with your life. Glad you are on the road to recovery, hope it progresses with no setbacks.

Poor truck . The death of an F150 is so sad to see.

Old 09-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by lariatf150
Wow...that sucks! Notice how the truck crumpled up in the passenger compartment. The '04 F-150's should do that. That was one of the issues with the previous F-150. I remember seeing that on TV, when they tested the older model. It didn't look pretty.
You are correct. The difference is the speed at which the crash actually took place in the truck shown in these pictures versus the one that you saw on television. The cabin intrusion in these pictures is much worse. Good luck on your new truck purchase and in answer to your original question, I personally don't believe that you could go wrong with either truck. They are both able bodied performers and winners. However, although I drive a Titan, I would have to give the nod at this point to Ford based solely on the incentives that they are offering on this truck right now. You can get one well equipped for, dare I say it...cheap. Good luck and I am glad to hear that you are still in one piece, which is more than I can say for your last gen F150.

Old 09-18-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by dzervit

I have a question for you. Are you always so damn jerky when you find that someone has fallen victim to such a tragedy. I see many people on this site that look to you as their "God of wit", therefore finding you clever. I for one believe you to be an idiot.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Son of a

Damn dude, glad to see you made it out in (more or less) one piece.

I have a question for you. Are you always so damn jerky when you find that someone has fallen victim to such a tragedy. I see many people on this site that look to you as their "God of wit", therefore finding you clever. I for one believe you to be an idiot.
No, it's just an insensitive neanderthal.

Quick Reply: PICS of my dead truck