~-*-~Follow up to RP's 'VOTE' thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intelligence does not necesitate wisdom. Take Clinton as an example.... Very intelligent, but a man of wisdom??? His decisions would show otherwise.

Last edited by Bullitt4711; 10-19-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
Army of 2 Mom,

I am not going to go tit for tat with you forever. I can see that discussing this with you is a waste of my time. I've said what I have to say, and it's not what you want to hear. I didn't expect it to be. The truth is always a hard pill to swallow, when you're on the wrong end of it.
Thank you!! I am so glad that I don't have to hear about "your opinions" based on "your interpretation" of the facts.

Yes, the tit for tat, as you so eloquently put it, was getting a bit tiresome in that you allowed sarcasm of what I said into your posts. Not a very good ingredient for debate. Unfortunately, I had to reduce myself to your sarcastic level to show you how you were coming across.

You've said what you have to say, but it's all been smoke and mirrors. You only acknowledge your sources, your opinions, your television channels of choice, your interpretation, your truth, blah blah blah.

Are you saying that your opinions are "the truth"? That you think your opinions are "the pill of truth" and that they in some way are hard for me to swallow is not the case. What I was having trouble swallowing was your inabiity to see another side...in fact, I was choking on it! You refuse to look at the other side.

AND FATMAN...I wasn't "correlating his age with intelligence", I just found it comical that he used the phrase "a LIFETIME of growth" like he's been around for 60-70 years when it's apparent he's on the younger side.

And see what happens when you have an opinion based on your interpretation? You make an error because you didn't "interpret" what I wrote correctly and you immediately scold me, without first asking for clarification of what I wrote. You were wrong. tsk tsk That's also what happens when you jump into the last post of several posts that have been going back and forth. You end up misinterpreting things.
Maybe you should read all the related posts.

Odin accused me of emotional claptrap, wrong and "silly" numbers, of creating a pseudonym (which he apologized for), those just off the top of my head. So why are you accusing me of "if you refuse to think as I do, you must be some sort of idiot and jacka$$ for daring to post different interpretations of anything." I linked to his website that he posted, and it said what it said, except for the little sentence at the end that didn't suit his needs. I sent him a link supporting my source, it was not opinion. Which site is right?? I don't know. But all I've been trying to do is show odin another side, which definitely exists. I'm not trying to show him that "I'm right and you're wrong" and if you read all my posts you would know that. So please don't come in here and preach to me based on one small portion from the very last post I submitted.

I'm an Army of 2 Mom and I approve this message.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by screwyou
I'm sure your familiar with the song from the Wizard of OZ - "If I only had a brain."
That would be shrubs theme song...

Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Loudist,

I was really impressed with your posting of chapter 19 of A World Transformed. Is that foretelling of the future or what? Dad knew, but the son won't listen. Doesn't really surprise me, little Bush does not like people telling him he was wrong, or questioning his decisions. I think he needs to answer the big questions which he never does. I can't stand how he's asked a question and starts talking about "No Child Left Behind". Mr. Pres., what are you going to do about unemployment rates? "I'm going to make sure that there is no child left behind, and they won't have to stand in an unemployment line." Mr. Pres., what are you going to do about minimum wage? "I'm going to make sure that there is no child left behind and that they'll have the skills to make more than minimum wage." I think Bush missed the point, I think those questions were for the people on unemployment and minimum wage NOW. What a ditz. I think those debates, especially the first one, make him look every bit the fool he is.

Anyhow, back to the book. I had heard about the part in the book that talked about "no exit strategy". I'll be picking up that book to read. It's all happening pretty much word for word. Now that's a bit scary.

I don't understand some of the people in here that refuse to see the other side. I think you must be right that it's invisible to them, or they're ignoring it because there is no answer to their liking.

I'm an Army of 2 Mom and I approve this message

Old 10-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
Scarecrow strikes again.

Don't flatter yourself, you manage to irritate people until they give up debating, discussing, or arguing with you. Your intellectual standing is hardly anything to crow about.

This is the place where you post another piece of my personal information, in an attempt to intimidate me into laying off of your punk ***. I hope you know that at the first sign of fraud, or when you finally cross the line with that crap... Well, use your imagination.
O Dumb Wrat,
I already have the advantage... you have underestimated me.

Don't confuse what you post here as anything resembleing a discussion. Its mindless propaganda, with knee jerk mesmered right wing rhetoric.
Fraud? HAHAHAHA
What a dumbaœœ.
BTW, I forgot to wish you a happy birthday about 2 weeks back.
Hope you get everything you wish for except one.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Wise, intelligent and smart are synonyms of each other. Look it up. Thesaurus. It's not my opinion.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Army of 2 Mom
Army of 2 Mom,

Be careful. Any ascociation with me will bring out 'ungentlemanly' behaviour in some of these clowns.

The proof of shrubs ineptitude is so obvious, but one has the be awake to see it.

Could also be that there is the selfish christian contingient that is behing shrub solely because of his 'faith' (yea right!) and his possible appointment to the court of a justice that will overturn roe v. wade.
Ever hear of Jim Jones... he led a bunch of people with his faith and they all died, all those good little christians.
Koresh too.
If one actually studied Jesus, his works, his gospels, one would find that shrub is not behaving anywhere close to Gods prescribed work laid out in the Bible.

Thats IT!! They are in the cult of the shrub.
That explains the catch phrase mentality in their posts.
That explains the non registering of facts outside of their 'cult of the shrub' belief system.

The Daily Show RULES!
Even when John Stewart takes a swipe at Kerry, it doesn't register with these 'culty shrubbies' .
Their loss.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Wise, intelligent and smart are synonyms of each other. Look it up. Thesaurus. It's not my opinion.
Today, sadly, they have become synonymous . But from the times past and through antiquity, wisdom has been known as the application intelligence(knowledge based) and understanding(comprehension/discernment of said knowledge). Once you can apply knowledge and understanding, you are well on the way to wisdom.

Clinton had knowledge, and plenty of it. But his understanding wasn't the best. But to put them both together?! That can never be said of the man.

~Colby

Old 10-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Bullitt4711
Today, sadly, they have become synonymous . But from the times past and through antiquity, wisdom has been known as the application intelligence(knowledge based) and understanding(comprehension/discernment of said knowledge). Once you can apply knowledge and understanding, you are well on the way to wisdom.

Clinton had knowledge, and plenty of it. But his understanding wasn't the best. But to put them both together?! That can never be said of the man.

~Colby
Okay, let me say this again.

"Wise, intelligent and smart are synonyms of each other. Look it up. Thesaurus. It's not my opinion." (Roget's Thesaurus to be exact.)

Bullitt, for some odd reason, thinks I typed "wisdom" instead of "wise", even though it is plainly written "WISE". IF I had said WISDOM, then of course, THAT would be wrong. Another difference between the two??? WISDOM is a noun, WISE is an adjective which of course would change the definition of the word.
But hey, maybe Roget is incorrect and Bullitt is right.
That will conclude English 101.

Now a little History for Bullitt. (Just a quickie here, but you can look him up on the internet.)
Who's Roget?? Peter Mark Roget. Long history of several grand things he did. But to cut this short, Roget printed his first edition called the "Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases Classified and Arranged so as to Facilitate the Expression of Ideas and Assist in Leterary Composition", in "1852". It was revised and expanded by his son, John Lewis Roget, and later by John' son, Samuel Romilly Roget. Of course, it continues to be revised.
Source: The Classic, Standard, Definitive, Roget's International Thesaurus, Fourth Edition, Complete and Unabridged.
And that will take care of History 101.

This book is one of my Bibles. Did I mention reading as a hobbie?

Now, far be it from me to say that I'm right. But, I'm certainly not going to question Roget's "wisdom".

Old 10-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Sorry to jump into this late.......

No, I didn't read every single post in this thread......

Yes, I think I've got the general drift of it.....

A WISE piece of WISDOM that I can share would be to peruse the other forums here at F150Online before jumping head first into the political discussions. Earn your stripes, then exercise your authority. You will gain more respect whether you want it or not. Not taking sides mind you, just voicing an opinion from one whose been here for a few years.

note: Aof2M, accusing FM66 of not reading all the posts is a big mistake that you wouldn't have made if you'd been around here awhile. He reads everything!
Oh, and one other thing, don't accuse people of mis-reading what you didn't state clearly. A zero (0) post count doesn't carry much respect initially. Go back to what this board does well, service the f-150 population with a great message board for truck ills and superlatives. Well read and intelligent are not synonyms

edit: darn old fool can't spell, corrected the one I saw!

Last edited by serotta; 10-19-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:25 AM

A LIFETIME of growth?? How old are you?? You debate with no more intelligence than say...maybe a 30 year old.
What you said is the above. It implies that a 30 year old cannot be intelligent b/c you disparage his debating skills by comparing them to those of a 30 year old. I take offense to that and I called you on it, that’s a pretty arrogant assumption to make. I have read all the posts you have made, especially in this thread, and I have been following the conversation. With all due regard to a thesaurus (which is more about which words are used interchangeably but may not actually be the exact same thing, such as mass and weight, you always have mass but not always weight). I define a fool as someone who lacks wisdom and an idiot as someone who lacks intelligence. I see plenty of smart fools on a daily basis, probably have IQs of over 130 easily but they haven’t got the sense that god gave a houseplant so they are fools. By the way, I would take wisdom over intelligence any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Common sense is usually a good measure of wisdom. I read your posts with interest b/c your viewpoint is valid as you obviously have a large stake in this, I respect that, and your opinions, but you are not doing yourself any favors by talking down to anyone in here. We have plenty of people around here who have demonstrated that there is another side but haven’t resorted to continual preaching when it becomes clear that nothing is to be gained by it. Good advice from Serrota, talk about trucks a bit too.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:23 AM
In the immortal words of Rodney King.... "Cant we all just get along?"

Come now children lets all play nice in our sandbox remember the rules!

#1 No name calling or put downs of other individuals.

#2 We are all sentient being please respect eachothers thoughts even though they fly in the face of reason or wisdom.

#3 If in doubt allway refer back to rule 1 and 2!

Oh yeah and the one thing I know we can all agree on.....

F-150 TRUCKS RULE!!!

Old 10-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by fatman66
.... It implies that a 30 year old cannot be intelligent b/c you disparage his debating skills by comparing them to those of a 30 year old.......
By the time you're 30 you should be able to debate any issue.
However, you will still be at a disadvantage against me because,
by god, I'll beat you with my cane!

(where's my medicine, somebody get me my medicine)
In my day, we had more respect.
Why I never got beat with a cane more than twice a week.
That's the way it was
and that's the way we liked it!

AROUND HERE!!??? DAILY BEATINGS!
I'm so exhausted I can barely lift my arm over my head.
Have mercy on an old man, say the things I want to hear.

Last edited by Raoul; 10-19-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-19-2004, 01:17 PM
I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and as usual having a pretty good chuckle.
I'd like to welcome AO2M to the boards and compliment her on her well thought out and articulate posts.
Concerning Loudist, all I can say is; Man, you need to lose the 'tude! Your posts are reasonably intelligent and well thought out, except for the fact that you insist on name calling and condecension. Your arguments lose credibility because of this, as it is hard to take you seriously. I've gotten into the mudslinging and namecalling with Burt and O.W. et al in the past, but came to the realization that it demeans the debate and leads to hard feelings all around. Apart from their obvious wrongheadedness in their blind ideological support of the coward Bubya and his cabal, I rather like these folks and usually enjoy debating them.
Rise above the dittoheads and leave the namecalling and personal dissing to them. It's what they do best. When you keep it civil, regardless of the provocation, you win.

Quick Reply: ~-*-~Follow up to RP's 'VOTE' thread