Dug Well Vs Drilled Well

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BrewMaster
Habibi, would it possible for you to pay to have the city hookups installed on the nicer property?
I wish that was possible because then there would be no decision.
Sadly, the property is just past the utility zone, and no hook ups are available regardless of cost.

We would gladly pay hook up fees if the option were available.

The search continues!!

Old 05-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Habibi
So basically I don't want Burt as my next door neighbor, returning his used motor oil back to mother earth, LOL
Just insuring future generations have something to explore for…

Old 05-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Habibi,

I'm not sure where this property is located however, I do have some resources available that could check a radius around a particular address for things like industrial registrations, environmental permitting, etc.

I've never run one of these for a property in Canada and, they don't come free (typically to the tune of $100+) but, for some piece of mind, it might be a bill that you'd want to spend.

Tell me this, what are the surroundings? How old are they? Does this property have a fuel oil tank for heating/cooking/etc? Did it at one time? Are there any type of farms in the area? Did their used to be? Are they growing crops of any particular type? Have you considered water quality testing by a simple grab sample from the well? What types of filtration systems are in place? Is there a 'strip-mall' anywhere close-by (these are notorious for dry cleaners around here). You mentioned this is on a lake front, does the lake abutt to any industrial sites in a nearby radius? If so, what do they do?

I could go on and on with questions so, work on that list first and I'll give you more opinions later. Oh yeah, my billable rate is cheap thus, don't worry bud, this isn't costing you much.

Gotta love us schister geologists.

RP

Quick Reply: Dug Well Vs Drilled Well