Bad day for Democrats, Good day for America…

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
[B]
Regardless what you would like to fantasize about, Saddam was linked to the other terrorist organizations including Bin Laden. All you need to do is sit back and wait for time to pass and it WILL come out. Of course none of you liberals will believe it anyway because to you liberals America comes SECOND to having power to screw America up to begin with.

YES, America is a MUCH SAFER place now Saddam has been caught, and YES Libya caved in because your President Bush showed the world that America has BALL’S and if you want to play you had better be ready to PAY and that is something that Libya was not ready to do.

B]

All of the Al Queda links are still being worked out, however it has been PROVEN that Saddam has been giving money to the families of Hamas suicide bombers in Isreal. How much he gave them before they died we don't know but he was rewarding them for killing Jews in Isreal. THIS IS FACT! So yes in fact he has been supporting terrorism.

Libya? Georgie scared the scuds right outta them! Now we are hearing about Pakistan admitting that their scientists have been helping Iran with its' nuclear program. Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia... notice how many alleged AlQueda operatives they have arrested? I say alleged because they could very well be rounding up innocents just to say they have rounded up people, but that is secondary. The fact is, they are making overtures to Georgie and company. None of them want to be next.

Libya did in fact have a WMD program and were supplied by China, Pakistan and Iran. So were they scared? You better believe it. If the US would topple Saddam, Noreaga, and the Taliban, they wouldn't lose any sleep deposing any other tin-pot dictator.

Regardless of reason or justification. The capability to topple is there and you better believe all of those dictators are worried they could be next.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Let’s not forget that some of these terrorist countries like Libya are scared chitless by President Bush and America’s power and resolve. So are other countries that did not have the BALL’S to do the right thing.

France, Germany and Russia are kissing President Bush’s butt as well. It is amazing at what happens when you have a true and real leader and the helm. Poor ol’ Clinton the only thing people will remember about him is taken advantage of very young innocent women in the White House and how he lied to ALL Americans about the truth.

The liberals argument about trickle down economics not working is dead and mute. It has ONCE again for the THIRD time been proven to work. President Kennedy proved it in the 60’s, President Reagan proved it in the 80’s and that allowed Clinton to have the economy he had, and now President Bush has proved it in the 00’s with tax cuts.

It is a FACT, tax cuts bring in more federal revenue every single time they are put in place. It not only brings in more money for the government but it brings in more money for every family in America even the free-loader lazy ones make more money because their free check from me gets bigger.

As far as those who do NOT pay any taxes they should NEVER get a tax refund, which is just false advertisement, a tax refund means someone took to much money from you and thus they REFUND some of your money. If you pay NO taxes then you get NO free money back, I want more in my refund and not some fat basturd sitting on a couch watching Oprah to get some of MY money…

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 12-23-2003 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:45 PM
More Good News for America = Bad day for the liberals…

President Bush’s poll numbers for everything are going up….

Old 12-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Bush Approval Ratings

Of course his approval ratings are going up, but they're not that impressive

Even I think there are some positive world developments that he deserves credit for. But, I still see him as the most corrupt and divisive president I can recall.

When we went to war with Iraq, I agreed with his decision and thought it was the right thing to do. I still do. That he felt the need to lie about the threat to try to convince me is a major insult to my inteligence however. Leaders don't need to lie in order to justify a decision. I have a major problem with the way he did it. It should have been done with the help of our traditional allies and it is his fault they didn't come along. A competent leader would have been able to make a more persuasive argument as to why war was necessary right now. He clearly failed and I do believe it is because of his lack of communication and diplomatic skills. He's too uncultured and abrasive to be a dimplomatic success.

This situation in Iraq is not nearly as good as Bush wants us to think it is and nowhere near what he thought it would be. That he proclaimed "Mission Accomplished" 8 months ago shows what a major miscalculation he's made. The current situation in Iraq is also the future of Iraq. We havn't made any sustained progress in months and every single American soldier's death is a tragedy that Bush failed to foresee. He thought that the fall of Saddam would lead to an immediate peace. Instead, it lead to a call to terrorism that will continue indefinitely and we are stuck there now because of it. The moment we entered Iraq, we commited. We can't leave or we'll fail and as long as we stay, there will always be terrorist attacks on our soldiers, Iraq's infrastructure and oil as well as anyone who cooperates with us. Bush had zero comprehension of what we would be in store for in Iraq. That is failed leadership.

That Bush had a prime interest in Iraq's oil makes perfect sense and cannot logically be denied. Bush has oil in his blood, as do his vice president and national security advisor. Oil is what they know. Seeing an opportunity to overthrow a cruel dictator and gain his oil was more than they could resist. Bush wasn't bright enough to see the possible problems or that, Rumsfeld was misleading him. Because he could only see the end he hoped for, he couldn't take into account what it would cost.

Look at the corruption related to, Cheney's Haliburton. They were given a blank check and immediately went to work stealing from American tax payers. The only other explaination for why they would charge the American tax payer over $1.00 per gallon of fuel more than the market rate is that they were incompetent and have no business in with this contract.

Bush and Cheney also allowed the oil and gas companies to write our country's oil and gas policies. You have those who will most benefit actually making all of the rules. Now, even though Cheney works for us, he doesn't want us to know what took place at those meetings. Corrupt and secretive. I think I have a right to know if our government is corrupt and in June 2004, the U.S. Supreme Court will tell Cheney that he needs to release the details of those meetings. Bad news for Bush.

Tax cuts are good and certainly do grow the economy, but they don't fix everything and this time they bring more problems closer to home.

Although the economy is improving, the numbers are very misleading. Bush's deficit has so devalued the dollar that even the Euro is worth more. 1 Euro = $1.15 US Dollar. This is very bad for investment and with the continued increase in spending, the deficit will not go down. Even Bush has acknowledged that revenues will not reduce the deficit and he has no plan to resolve this.

The Bush tax cuts are especially misleading when you see how his cuts in State Aid have lead to increased local taxes and cuts in service. Because of the low interest rates, our home value has gone up 40% in the last 2 years and the increase in property taxes have gone up as well. The cost of health insurance is up about 200% and there are now a record number of uninsured Americans because of this. Cost of college education is also up 50% in the past 5 years. This is major inflation.

What the average American gained from the Bush tax cut was taken right back by the increased cost of local services, healthcare and education. On a personal note, the Bush tax cut gave me a .3% Federal tax increaese. That fee your daughter's school asked for this past fall, 01 XLT is directly related to the Bush tax cut.

Bush and other conservatives are also busy once again revising history, without blinking an eye, by saying he inherited a weak economy. Look back at Newsweek or any financial publication from December-January 2001 and you'll see that every article points out the economy was still going strong. It didn't begin to turn until Bush took office following a contested election and the country had very little confidence in him to do the job.

"Reelect Bush. We've waited long enough for the apocalypse!"

I'll give 10:1 odds that Bush reinstates the draft if he's reelected. With 50% of our soliders not planning to reenlist, he's going to need these fresh American souls for his empire building efforts. The future for anyone who does reinlist is one of isolation from their families for years on end, fighting in wars that have no clear objectives. So, given a choice, why would they want to continue to serve, Bush over their family? In fact: 01 XLT, in support of Bush, I think you have a responsibilty to write, and urge him to include women as draftees. This way, you can ensure that your daughter does her part, not just our sons.

I still don't plan to vote for, Bush

Old 12-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But, I still see him as the most corrupt and divisive president I can recall.
My My what a short memory we have. I give you Billy Bob Clinton, from the great state of Arkansas (no offense to the great people of Arkansas). Do you remember billy-bob sold our missile tech. to the Chinese for 600K in campaign donations? Every president is corrupt, just this current one is less so than billy-bob and even Bushs' father.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
Do you remember billy-bob sold our missile tech. to the Chinese for 600K in campaign donations?
That it was investigated extensively and nothing every came of it shows just how much merit that statement has

Old 12-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Very well said AJ

Old 12-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That it was investigated extensively and nothing every came of it shows just how much merit that statement has
OJ was put on trial and nothing ever came of that. Things aren't always what they seem. Kinda like your accusations about Cheney and Halliburton. All I know is that it was a different scandal every other week when Clinton was in office. Open your eyes and mind and you will see the truth.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Excluding Vince Foster and other conspiracy theories How many Americans did Clinton kill through his confused efforts?

Old 12-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Maybe some of you diehard Bush supporters should read a bit more before declaring Dubya the savior of the free world as he controls the lives of your sons and daughters without a plan.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in589638.shtml

Old 12-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, it's too bad the media doesn't ask any pointed questions of, Bush. Becasue he doesn't give press conferences, you never actually know what he is thinking or what he knows. There is no record of his positions from day to day. When something goes wrong, he can alway point the finger at someone else because he never takes an official position on an issue except in a prepared speach.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:48 PM
I don't get it.

I cannot understand how minds can endure 8 years of Clinton's obvious lack of moral direction, how his actions could be considered moral or in anyone's best interest but his own. Further, I cannot see how people can keep claiming that Iraq is all about the oil, when no one stands to profit from the oil except the common Iraqi.

I don't get it. Bush made some strong statements about his belief that there were WMDs to be found in Iraq, and that because of that, the world should support the US in ridding the world of someone we all agree is comparable to Hitler in the evil he has perpetrated on his own people. When the WMD are not found (even though we all know he not only had them, he used them on his own people to kill hundreds of thousands of people), somehow that makes Bush equal to, or worse than, the guy that used those WMD in only one of he many murderous campaigns? I don't get it!

Bush is a lot of things. In my book, liar is not one of them. Corrupt is not a word I can use to speak of him. I can disagree on his approach to some of the issues out there, but I cannot see the basis for all the vitriol directed at him.

I do think that GWB's decisiveness, his moral guideposts, and his worldview tick off a lot of people who just do not want to think about things that way. They prefer moral relativism to moral absolutes. They prefer to bend their morals than to stand for them. I am sorry, but I am suspicious of such folks. In everyday life, these are the fair weather friends, the backstabbers at the office, the ones that when they want something, they figure a way to justify it, even if it means changing the rules. But I digress. I don't mean to say all with views that oppose GWB are such, but only that much of the left rhetoric seems that way.

Being a blowhard conservative, calling people names and suggesting that because others do not see things their way, those people are stupid or immoral themselves, is not good either. I got my degree from UC Berkeley, and there I met many thoughtful liberals, who felt that political means could be used effectively to help those who needed help. I like such people, even though I sometimes disagree on the most effective means to help those who need it. The problem with many conservatives is that they do not see the problem. The problem with so many liberals is that they cannot admit when their solution has been discredited, and thus cannot move beyond that to a better solution. I also accuse many liberals of preferring to use other peoples' money (taxes) to help people rather than their own (charity) money, or their own sweat and tears with a little hands on, I will share your burden kind of empathy. Not all liberals, but a large number.

Sorry for the rant. But I just don't get it.

TS

Last edited by TexasSteve; 12-24-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:15 PM
TexasSteve
Your post was no rant. My issue with Dubya is his claim to moral absolutes and using his power with that in mind. Being president is not about running your own show. It is about leading for the people of the United States. I will be the first to say no doubt Clinton was a liar about Monica, how many of you are going to stand up right away and say "yea I did her right there in the office" his reaction was normal. There hasn't been a president in office that has been truthful. Lying about adultery and twisting the truth or facts to bring your country to war are two different animals. I'll take the adulterer any day. In my mind it is the lesser of the two evils. The world does not need a modern day crusader. You also speak of changing the rules, the Bush administration has done a pretty good job of that in the name of national security. Like it or not America can not close it's doors and shut out the world.
I aggree Saddam was an evil man, there are however many more like him in power and I guarantee that we will not be invading their country to "free" their people. Selective moral guideposts. I don't see the "common Iraqi" benefiting financially from their oil. It will be the members of Halliburton.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Why is it that some liberals think the WHOLE free world has lied about WMD’S in Iraq? Why would the WHOLE free world, Clintons and all his liberal friends lie about WMD’S in Iraq?

I don’t understand, could one of you liberals explain that to me? Clinton and all the his liberal buddies agree with President Bush when he simple “restated” the facts as the WHOLE free world had stated about Iraq having WMD’S.

I guess the thing is now since President Bush is in charge and actually acting they somehow FORGOT what they actually believed in during Clinton’s time. This shows how many liberals have absolutely no moral values, and just no values what so ever. They just talk the talk and that’s it.

They, many liberals, simple stated things that they “thought” would gain them power or to help them maintain power. They simple stated things based on their needs for the moment but never the countries needs long term.

Do you liberals out there not find it odd that people like me have maintained our same beliefs from Clinton’s time. I completely agreed with Clinton about Iraq being a grave danger and threat to America because of Chemical, Biological and very possible Nuclear weapons.

I completely agreed with Clinton that Iraq posed an immediate danger to America because he could put his WMD’S in the hands of terrorist to hand deliver to America, dirty bombs, chemical and/or biological weapons right here in a major city in America.

I still maintain those beliefs that I had during Clinton’s time and now with President Bush. So what happen liberals? Do you all get information from another source that is not available to any other American or any other country?

If you want to bash President Bush on Iraq, and if you want to call him a liar then you had better be adding Clinton’s name and ALL the countries in the United Nations to the same sentence if you want to “try” and maintain a little bit of integrity and creditability.

Iraq is much better off then even President Bush states. Just about everyone that comes back from Iraq has stated they can not believe the SLANTED news coverage. No one can trust the news they are getting from ABC, that liberal station will NOT show polls when they look good for President Bush, they will not show any of the positive things going on in Iraq. If you watching ABC news no wonder you think the world is coming to an end.

On the point about ABC not showing polls or some polls showing President Bush is doing good are any of you liberals going to go picket the station because they are practicing “censorship”????? I don’t think you will because it is the slant you want and thus there goes your integrity and creditability once again…

Old 12-23-2003, 10:22 PM
It is one thing to kill innocent people during a war. It is a completely different story to kill innocent people to cover up an affair with a VERY YOUNG intern….

You all remember the aspirin factory?

Quick Reply: Bad day for Democrats, Good day for America…