Revolutions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The Matrix Revolutions (SPOILERS)

Who has seen The Matrix Revolutions? I think it was good but Im lost with that ending. I was like WTF! What does everybody else think and any of you want to help me figure out the ending?

Last edited by Big Man; 11-14-2003 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:56 AM
Smith is Neo's Negative, once neo killed his negative, you cant just have a positive, and thus Neo died.

But did he really die???????

Ok, the archetict is not human, so must be a machine.

Will the current matrix stay the same and just continue or will a new matrix start over? I would say continue, it will be a great 4th movie down the road. The Archetict said piece will only last till some time, so when that time comes, a lot will happen.

The girl was the last of the computer exiles, No more "agent Smiths" will come again? and the archetict said he will release all the humans that want to be released? so will thay start a new "humans only" matrix and another parallel matrix exist with the macines. Like they each have thier own world.?

Just an insight, tell me what you think and others think

Spelling is blotched, at the library 1:54 and they close in 6 minutes.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:39 AM
Not the ending I was hoping for to say the least. He should have killed him fighting. Did Smith and his doubles explode, because he tured Neo into a clone. Leaving no one to balance out against him. Or did Neo do that.

Old 11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
There will most likly be a 4th movie down the road with that kind of ending. To me, there was no resolution to this story. The Matrix is still there and the machine word was not destroyed. I liked the movie but it seems like a wasted movie because nothing really ended except for Neo killing Smith.

This is just my .02 about the movie. I plan on seeing it again to make sure I get everything, like the ending.

Old 11-13-2003, 03:19 PM
I don't understand. Smith turns Neo into a clone and then xplodes. Did Smith elminate Neo which intern killed Smith, because his direct opposite was killed. It is really unclear. I thought this was the final episode. I mean you can't bring back the dead. Plus in the second movie the guy shows Neo that man and machine can co exist in what ever that city the lived in was called. The machines heated the city so they could all live. I think that is the end. Man and machine have to learn to coexist. Needless to say I have seen all three movies and the best sense I can make out of the whole thing. The first movie was great and If they second or third would have been half as good this movie would have been one of the best movies of all times.

Old 11-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Ok it makes sense now. Not what I was expecting, but It makes sense. If anyone can't figure this movie out. Here is a link to a great explanation of it. http://www.uff9.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6078

Old 11-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by PhillipSVT
Smith is Neo's Negative, once neo killed his negative, you cant just have a positive, and thus Neo died.
Dear God I am glad I didn't watch this movie.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by God of Rapture
Dear God I am glad I didn't watch this movie.
In the matrix a program that has no purpose is deleted. Neo is a machine and So is Smith. Neo only purpose is to kill Smith. During the fight Neo lets Smith turn him into a clone. Once Smith does this he has accomplised his goal and no has no purpose. So he is then deleted. In the end Neo wins, but it is very confusing way. Neo is deleted also, because he accomplished his task. I guess that pretty much sums it up.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Invalid_access
In the matrix a program that has no purpose is deleted. Neo is a machine and So is Smith. Neo only purpose is to kill Smith. During the fight Neo lets Smith turn him into a clone. Once Smith does this he has accomplised his goal and no has no purpose. So he is then deleted. In the end Neo wins, but it is very confusing way. Neo is deleted also, because he accomplished his task. I guess that pretty much sums it up.
Thank you for confirming to me that not seeing this movie was a great idea.

I thought the first Matrix sucked. So I didn't bother seeing the others.

Old 11-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Thank you for confirming to me that not seeing this movie was a great idea.

I thought the first Matrix sucked. So I didn't bother seeing the others.
I think it is one of those hit or miss deals. You either love it or dislike it all together. Personally I saw the movie for its face value. Didn't realise all the hidden meaning in it. I never figured out he was a program till i read the online summary of it. I wouldn't exactly say this movie is not worth 5 dollar ticket to watch it, because it has some of the best visual effects I have ever seen. In fact the first movie really set a standard for visual effects. I mean when they walk in that building with nothing but guns strapped on them and just blast thousand of rounds of bullets. Back when that movie came out dvd's were really just getting started. It definitely took action movies to another level.

Old 11-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Ohhh.... you guys s.u.c.k. I hadn't seen it yet and I didn't pick up on the nature of the thread by the title.

Old 11-13-2003, 11:12 PM
First someone please edit the title and let people know: SPOILERS, read on at your own risk.

Thank you for confirming to me that not seeing this movie was a great idea. ...
With that said, I agree and I think you just save me some money. Maybe I'll go see a matinee, but after reading that no way in hell am I going to pay $17 for me and my g/f to go see it.

Though I did like the first one.

In my opinion the sequels where just a chance to cash in the money to be made.

Old 11-14-2003, 01:29 AM
My bad about not putting Spoilers in the title. How would I change that?

That summery did help me out understanding the movies. No way in hell would I have gotten all that info myself, no matter how many times I would watch them.

Still, that is not an ending IMHO. So, Matrix WAS reloaded, but Zion is now free and people who choose to will be freed. But, the Matrix and the machines are still there. They may have peace now, but sooner or latter something will happen and the war will start again. Ergo, everythings back to the way it was.

The tagline should go more like this:

"Everything that has a begining, goes around and around..........."

Old 11-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Big Man
The tagline should go more like this:

"Everything that has a begining, goes around and around..........."
Very true. Another weird part of this movie is that the machines built Zion. When Neo kills the Sientennels or how ever you spell it he uses super human abilities. Which he shouldn't have had in the real world. I don't think they ever left the matrix. Neo is a program and nothing more. If it was the real world the machines should have defeated him easily.

Quick Reply: Revolutions