F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

6.2 bad rocker arm

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
6.2 bad rocker arm

Super disappointed, i have been driving since 1982 and i have never had a repair that required going into the motor. My 2012 f250 has about 44k miles on it and is in great shape. 2 weeks ago started knocking. Made an appointment to take it in on a Monday, dropped it off. called on Wednesday to see status and was told they had to look in the motor and would try to look at it next week ! i went and picked it up on Tuesday dropped it off an another dealer, told they would look at it Monday. well on Wednesday, 7 days latter I am told it has a bad rocker arm, part not in stock and about a $1,000 repair. Still don't have it back. After my 2001 f150 spark plug launch I stepped away from ford , but i tried again in 2012.

Very disappointed that ford has the rocker issue ( an it happens more than you think) and disappointed that it is a 2 week repair. When I was young i was told to avoid the dealers, seem like in the late 90's the dealers got their act together, started really pushing great customer service and the prices were a little more, but you got top grade mechanic and parts. seem like around 2010 - 2012 they said F it.

Quick Reply: 6.2 bad rocker arm