F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

How different is the handling compared to an F150?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How different is the handling compared to an F150?

I've read a few posts through the internet that the handling on a F250 is different than an F150. Can anyone go into more detail what the differences are? I am looking for a truck. I think a F150 will be able to meet my needs(Will be used for residential construction stuff) but I really like the new F250s. The ride quality is not a make or break deal but it's something I would like to learn more about.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Two different vehicles...Almost 3000 pounds more on an F250. My '15 F150 replaced a '12 F250 4x4 SuperCab long bed. Bounce, bounce, bounce on the SoCal freeways with about 700 pounds of tools in back all the time. That being said I did drive it like a sports car. Stability control would kick in going around off ramp turns on a rail without touching the brakes(I know, too fast). Great truck!

The stock '15 rear shocks are something that will need replacing. The rear tends to roll/lean too much going around turns Even with 300 pounds of tools in the back. I put Rancho 7? series in. They are actually for a 4" lift, and are too long, but worked for a time(started squeaking and reinstalled stock) and made the rear end better handling. I have since added a sway bar that makes a world of difference. I'm going to try some Fox 2.0 rear shocks that I hear may tighten up the rear a little.