F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Rear end finished

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BowsAndHoes
I'm with him. It looks great now, but Ranch Hands make everything better. Especially F-250s.
Gonna pass. Oem for now

Old 01-04-2012, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Shoot I have a three car garage and only have 0, zero, none, nada one of my cars in it! DO have a rv parking on the side which is nice though! Sounds like I know where your man cave is gonna be LOL. You better make a map of where things are in the console haha! Thing is massive! How in the world do you end up with all these parts and deals? Have people on the inside or something? haha

Adrian just not for me, others maybe. Yet not my style or taste.
Haha yea plan to put the Tahoe in it at least. My folks have a 3 car wide and have a fusion in it and my dads Harley. Rest is stuff. Work Bench tools table saw wood cart etc etc etc. Plus some of my **** that won't fit at my current place.

Parts wise I have a buddy that's been doing swaps like lift gates ranch hands etc. He hooks me up so to speak. The console is a forum buy. I had an expy console in my old 150 and it was huge also. Could fit a gallon jug in there. I have an idea but who knows if it'll happen and when. Got a feeling about putting my si bm mkiii 12 in the bottom of it.

Radio harness came in today along with the 05-07 lariat badges. So did install the radio but brought it back inside for the night since I need to trim out the guts of the face on the stock radio to make the false face for when parked.

Anyways.

Not as cool as my old 4300dvd was but it'll do just fine and gonna use the front aux in to run xm through my phone to the radio

Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Drdudsads
I bought a full center console tonight because of you, LOL! Took the jumpseat out and filled it with all my stuff. It is maybe a 1/4 full! Great minds think alike! Been thinking of trying my Alpine SWR-T12 in the center console. Just not quite sure how to do it.

Sounds like my garage, I have three 5'wide by 3' deep Matco boxes filled with tools, a "too big" work bench, GF's LOL. Than my quads, bikes, bender, tourch, welder, misc stuff. Need a shop!

Radio looks awesome! How you liking it after having your last one stolen? Got a alarm on the truck? When is the PTM going down? Thought about doing a light tint on tails? Oh or harley head lights? You bought 08+ mirriors right too? When do they get installed?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 AM

Haha flow through console are nice. really liked them in my oldmans 2010 and now 2011 f150's got another pic of the 08 and it should be coming in sometime next week. ooo leather lid (hope it matches)

yea i really like having more than am/fm and volume on/off radio wise, i have been extra nervous about it but no alarm yet (if they want in they want in) but did finish this up last night

Should be a good theft deterrent imo. once the garage comes there will be a constantly growing collection of toys, that and my boy will be getting into the powerwheels age and up so should go hand in hand.

as of now no tint on the tails and no harley heads. theyre both somewhat played out and the chrome lights go well with the front end. the tails i spent too much time painting the insides to ruin them with tinting haha.

PTM stuff is getting dropped off this weekend. will have the current gate done since they both have liner and it makes it hard to do the jambs properly. since its already almost the same color figure itll be easier and look better. Also no 08+ mirrors yet. just doing 06 KR mirrors (same ones i have just PTM cap vs textured plastic) i would like to eventually do 08+ ones but want to do the panels inside and power everything oem mirrors so thats alotta coin, plus the tan plastic is slight shade off ive heard

obligatory pic of badges

Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM

warn premium locking hubs are also in the mail on their way here

Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Drdudsads
Man you got a steal with the leather! I wanna see pics of it bolted in! I like the face plate, should haopefully keep some unwanted attention away! How does it fit in place? Damn man how do you get away with all this? What's the secert here? I have stuff hiding all over the house and still get crap for it once she finds it, LOL.

I understand what you are saying with the tint, just something about a tan color and black flows smoothly. When will the PTM be ready? You want to do the interior door panels or a must? What is the plans for the badges? You are gonna see some improvement in MPG with the hubs!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 AM

hah yea i am excite. tree hondo shipped haha. since the radios in i need to make an amp board and put the sub in but its easy enough to bolt in and out real quick so i might just have to do it when it gets in.

the fake face just is held in between the dash piece and the dash kit for the radio. should be enough to kinda deter someone walking by peeking in windows. needs a little more work but im happy with it for now.

i get away with it really since im still ahead of my original spent which was from selling stuff and selling the winch i won from 4wp. wife gets upset that its kinda messy around etc but i just try and keep it clean but she gets into most of the stuff opinion wise.

yea i agree tan and black work but just has to have the right accents. gonna drop off the gate and mirror caps on sunday and should have them back the following friday. the emblems need to be painted and need some tan inlays then put them on.

panels are a want to make the install for the switches cleaner and more oem. panels are like 400 then another 150-200 to get stuff to wire new switches in then the mirrors from 500-1000.

hubs shouldnt really change the mileage i think. just the lockouts not a complete free spin system. (thats like 2K)

Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Why did you buy the crusty old badges? New ones are like $15 each at the dealer...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM

because if this is true i will RAGE. and i probably would have just painted them. theyre 35 each plus shipping on LMC. gonna check sunrise in a sec.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 AM

35 list from tasca and sell at 25.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh wow. List at mine is like $21.38 and I paid $15.77....
That was for the tailgate badge I bought just a few months ago.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM

the tailgate one is a little cheaper but dont need and wont use it since i have the 08 gate

Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang Jake! You're making me want to get a old 7.3 and start doing a conversion build.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Do it! Diesel or GTFO =) Really, I don't see myself going back to a gas powered truck and or a light duty. Period.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 AM

I agree. You should trade that bish in right meow.

And blackplat I could use dat 3rd brake light cough cough.

Quick Reply: Rear end finished