F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Rear end finished

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aw come on.. that would look sick

Old 12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Drdudsads
Damn 72-7300 light weight! Megacab came in at 8500 wanna say with fill tank and me in it. I would do the RCD package, I am a do it once and done kinda project guy lol. Hate doing crap twice, plus you always will want more. Might as well save up that extra few bucks and knock everything out.

The 6.0's aren't bad to work on once you understand the basics. If he isn't gonna cost you a arm and a leg, which sounds like he isn't. I'd have him do it and help were I could. If you still have the factory head gasket, I would do just what ya said with the studs and heads. Wait it out until they pop, some go quick others take a beating! But with your miles you got a Wednesday truck haha. With everything placed only thing left is the HPOP assembly would wait and do it with the studs. So should be the last time you have to turn a wrench under the motor per say.

Or hell, buy a spare block and build that up. Could always get a 12 valve and with $10k in mods have a 10-11 sec truck =). Or get a dirtymax and do the same as well.

Damn you jake I found a 2010 F350 CC long bed in matching silver to my f150 lifted on 38's. Going to the dealer after work!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Drdudsads
No damn ranch hand, head ache racks bs! This here is a race truck in the making and a show stopper! You wanna stop something that's what guns are for

Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Hahahaha. I found a 2012 cclb kr in forest green (fav color furd) with sun roof and black interior with kr leather for 53k haha. Too bad I don't want payment.

But back to reality... Got about 1700 right now in cash from selling **** so I really am now doing the math haha. For buddy to do studs and injectors at the same time (1500 for 190/75's) I'm looking at around 4200 which would include studs injectors labor reg return airdog ii sump and few misc stuff. That would hold me over some with my stock charger and right tune till I went with powermax

Or rcd with 68mm vgt turbo would be around 6600 after studs labor and sump

Im thinking studs/injectors will be coming hopefully by may. And I'm hoping I can cut some costs with forums or sales etc.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Drdudsads
They were asking $38k, got them down to $33k OTD, was saving for a CTS V! Yeah I like the no payment dealio. IF, IF I do only finance $13k, but that means I have to start all over again saving for a V! Hmmm, damn you!

I say keep saving and do it all at once! Lets be honest, we all want more and if you have it in mind. Might as well do it once and be done! Screw doing things in steps, as than odds are you have to usually buy new parts for the new upgrades. Which in turn means more money throughout the whole process. Than also trying to sale your used parts for when you upgrade later. I say save up and do it all at once and done!

Say you have the money in May for everything but the turbo, how long will it take you to save up the extra few bucks? If it is under four moths I say wait. You waited this long whats a few extra months for getting everything you want and more?

Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 PM

haha theyre addicting for sure.

im almost halfway there with out trying to getting it all minus the turbo. if it comes down to being able to do everything but the turbo ill do it then just because i want to see the 190's and stock 03 turbo. that and id rather have the money for the turbo and make sure heads arent needed before getting one haha.

that and i have to figure out which turbo to get. swapping that out wont be much at all since both powermaxes ive looked at are direct bolt in. only would add around 200-300 total for a tune for 190's then a tune after the turbo and a lil labor.

im good waiting cuz i get the savings. i could do studs and reg return right now but with the heads off the injectors are out any way and so adding them then would just be smart but that also adds the need for the fuel pump at the same time to protect them

Old 12-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Drdudsads
Addicting? My GF has many other three, four, five, six, seven letter words and sayings about em! Hahaha

If all that would be left is the turbo I would do it than! Also have a few bucks aside for the heads like ya said. Them '03 turbos with the whistle, nom nom! I love that whistle! Truck might be a dog, yet the correct tuner should be able to mkae the truck driveable and a power house without that extra air.

See that is what I am saying! In diesel world need two things to go fast, air and fuel! They go hand in hand! Sucks having too much fuel and not enough air or vice versa. I was draining the rails on my truck and should have put a air dog on it. Yet tuned it back some (sucked) to safe the life of the truck. Sure do miss it! I learned to set aside the money for everything to do at once for diesel. Whether that is buying one part at a time or saving up the cash and buying it all at once. Just makes life easier for me anyways, knowing I have the right setup and won't hurt anything in the process of waiting for this part.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM

haha its a curse. i really want to go big fuel/air wise and might but being more realistic ill probably just do the studs and hotter tune for now since looking at houses in the summer.

i also just bought an 09 lariat front console haha so it continues

Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Drdudsads
Screw the truck than! House will be your new hobby, I dabble in real estate (buying, selling, flipping) and bought my first house not to long ago. Best investment and feeling in the world is owning a house being young!

Haha where are the pictures at man!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:51 PM

Yea ive been waiting for a garage for a long time. even though truck wont fit in it, still want one. need a new full size tool box and air compressor.

as far as the console goes, its got to be shipped out this week but here are a few

and i also have some KR mirrors that i took the painted caps off already to have them done PTM very soon and even scored another 08+ gate thats white i think ill have painted while rocking my current one. should have those done very soon and basically free

Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Busch beer!! Gross!!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 PM

lulz

Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by 97isnotold
ranchand or frontier rear bumper. do it
I'm with him. It looks great now, but Ranch Hands make everything better. Especially F-250s.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
No damn ranch hand, head ache racks bs! This here is a race truck in the making and a show stopper! You wanna stop something that's what guns are for
Whats the hatin' on headache racks for?

Adrianspeeder

Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Drdudsads
Originally Posted by thejake1989
Yea ive been waiting for a garage for a long time. even though truck wont fit in it, still want one. need a new full size tool box and air compressor.

as far as the console goes, its got to be shipped out this week but here are a few

and i also have some KR mirrors that i took the painted caps off already to have them done PTM very soon and even scored another 08+ gate thats white i think ill have painted while rocking my current one. should have those done very soon and basically free
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Whats the hatin' on headache racks for?

Adrianspeeder

Shoot I have a three car garage and only have 0, zero, none, nada one of my cars in it! DO have a rv parking on the side which is nice though! Sounds like I know where your man cave is gonna be LOL. You better make a map of where things are in the console haha! Thing is massive! How in the world do you end up with all these parts and deals? Have people on the inside or something? haha

Adrian just not for me, others maybe. Yet not my style or taste.

Quick Reply: Rear end finished