F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Trucks Progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trucks Progress

I moved photos in my photobucket album and now they appear to have been deleted on my previous two threads. I'm going to use this thread to show photos of how the truck is progressing a long. I've added a few mods since my last thread with the leveling kit. I added a few this past weekend. The mirrors are off the truck getting painted therefore I didn't get any new pic's this weekend. I want to hold the suspense.
The Photo's will start from stock until the latest mods.

Mods:1.5" Leveling Spacer, Tinted Windows, Tinted Tails, 3rd Brake and Side Markers, PTM Tailgate handle and key pad, Over lays on Front and Rear Ovals, Inner Lays, Billet Grill Insert on Front and Side Grills, 6000k HID's in Heads and Fogs, MBRP Single Exhaust Tip, Painted Mirrors(will be finished this week)

Next Mods will be PTM Head Lights and AMP Steps; then as time come I'm going to work on Lift and Tire/Wheels.

If anyone can think of some reasonable priced mods I can add feel free to give your recommandations.

Day I bought It

Windows Tinted

OverLays and InLays

HID's

Tail Lights/3rd Brake Painted With Nite Shades

Painted Tail Gate Handle

1.5" Leveling Spacer

How Truck Looked With Mod's Above

Billet Insert

Side Billet Insert

MBRP Exhaust Tip

Tails and Side Lights ReSprayed w/ Automotive Paint

Mirros Off For Paint

Last edited by HighOn22's; 01-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Very nice man! Such a sweet truck! The grille inserts are just ehh, not really my taste, but other than that I love it

Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 AM
How did you mount that single MBRP exhaust tip on your dual tip exhaust?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I cut the Dual tips off. When I measured the exhaust I measured at the end of the dual tip which is 4". I ordered a 4" in and 5" out. Come to find out the factory exhaust is 3.5". Once I cut the dual tip off I had to get the exhaust extended so the tip would stick out some. I had the exhaust extended 8" using 4" pipe. I found out after they make a 3.5" inlet tip, but was to late. I'm going to see if I can find an adaptor bc it doesn't look like I'd like it to. They had to fill a 1/4" gap when welding the 4" to the factory exhaust. Since the trucks not lifted it's not to noticeable.

Last edited by HighOn22's; 01-12-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM
i would be careful of your exhaust if i was you. those factory tips had reverse flow vents designed into them from the factory. they are there to draw in cold air into the exhaust stream during regen to cool the exhaust gasses down. without those vents there now that exhaust gas will be like a blow torch and seriously burn someone or something.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by papajohn
i would be careful of your exhaust if i was you. those factory tips had reverse flow vents designed into them from the factory. they are there to draw in cold air into the exhaust stream during regen to cool the exhaust gasses down. without those vents there now that exhaust gas will be like a blow torch and seriously burn someone or something.
I didn't know that. I don't remember seeing anything in the dual tip itself, but right before it branched off into the dual tip there's some find in the exhaust. I didn't remove that. There's also a ring around the factory pipe.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 PM

Pics of the finished product? I highly doubt changing the tip will effect anything.

P.S. truck looks good

Trending Topics

Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm working out of town until Friday then I leave Saturday at 12:00 to go to Houston for a class all next week. My mirrors will be done Friday afternoon. I don't want to rush to put the mirrors on and scratch them, but will try Saturday morning if time prevails. The girlfriend may be a little upset if I spend more time with my truck than with her Saturday. lol Trust me, I like posting a lot of pic's (just look at all my albums) and it's killing me not to have any yet.

FL4X4- Thanks. I'm trying to catch up with you.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm not a fan of the billet inserts, but that is one sweet looking SuperDuty, nice work!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by HighOn22's
I didn't know that. I don't remember seeing anything in the dual tip itself, but right before it branched off into the dual tip there's some find in the exhaust. I didn't remove that. There's also a ring around the factory pipe.
if you look at the end of the dual tip you cut off there is a series of squares cut into each outlet with a small flap that is bent inward. there are i believe 4 or 6 squares cut into each one. those flaps create a venturi effect to draw in the outside air to cool the gasses. it is not something that is contained inside the single pipe deeper into the exhaust.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by papajohn
if you look at the end of the dual tip you cut off there is a series of squares cut into each outlet with a small flap that is bent inward. there are i believe 4 or 6 squares cut into each one. those flaps create a venturi effect to draw in the outside air to cool the gasses. it is not something that is contained inside the single pipe deeper into the exhaust.
That's why I haven't modified my exhaust yet. I will change my exhaust when I get rid of the DPF. Until then, since I had heard that the stock tips served a purpose, I will leave them alone.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Good job on the tails theyre nice and glossy

Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 PM
After being out of town the past two weeks I got my mirrors last night. I put them back on this morning and took a bunch of pictures. I posted some in my album if anyones bored. lol

Painted Mirrors.

Last edited by HighOn22's; 01-22-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:28 PM

Sharp looking truck

Old 01-22-2011, 05:36 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
What a beauty

Quick Reply: Trucks Progress