F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Just a reminder: Be safe

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a reminder: Be safe

Starting out the New year going to work this morning...Was going about 45 mph - same as the traffic, vehicle about 100 yards ahead slides off...folks brake, I decide to ease over to the left lane - then Whamo! even as accel was lessened the back slid radically to the right..I over corrected, and boom - I am now looking at everyone elses headlights behind me. Well - she slid off missing a metal mile marker. No harm to anyone or property and thankfully I came away unharmed (truck included). Probably should have been in 4X4 mode but wasn't. So...just a reminder to be safe out there my friends There was a truck about 3 miles prior that had it's cab crushed from going off highway and rolling over so I am thankful it wasn't worse for me...prayers up for that dude!

Anyone remember 'Plains, Trains, and Automobiles"?

Last edited by Pagnew; 01-04-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad it was a safe landing. It's funny how today started out as another day, you just never know. Did you have to get towed out? You were in a tough spot facing the wrong way with all that traffic.

I pulled over by the median once in a snow storm, and got to close to the edge, and my wheels fell into the median. The Harder I worked to climb back out the further down I went. I finally got out by driving down to the bottom of the median and up the other side to to get my speed and momentum going then turned back down and it climbed right out. It was a risky move, but got me out and on my way again. There was almost no traffic at the time. That was back when I had my 99 Scab Off Road.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, but at least noone was injured and the truck isn't hurt!

You're right GreenCrew, every day starts out the same, just never know what's gonna happen.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah...first the State Police came by after about 10 minutes...saw I was good, called in a wrecker, and went to the car ahead of me to check on them. About 5 minutes after that an ambulance in the area checked up on me...and then to the next car. The wrecker came about 30 minutes later..and winched me out -cost $85, but when ya think what these guys go through and some of the people they probably have to deal with it was all good

Thanks for your post greencrew and Happy New Year

Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
That sucks, but at least noone was injured and the truck isn't hurt!

You're right GreenCrew, every day starts out the same, just never know what's gonna happen.
So true - just a reminder how quickly things can change...and really, when I think about the person in the crushed cab...I can only be thankful that my situation is nothing compared to what they are dealing with..if they still alive...I don't know...haven't heard anything on the local stations so I am hopeful he/she made it out OK.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 PM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Good thing it happened in a populated area...

A couple years back we had an old fella (mid 70's) that got his car stuck in a ditch in the middle of no where, no cell phone, and it was below zero.

Luckily my dad decided to go down that road and he found him. Go to find out he was stranded there for about a day and a half. He was starving, cold, and out of gas and stuck.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:29 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Def a lucky thing nothing was worse.

Manual, that's scary.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's to Manual's Dad. How's the old fella doing, does your Dad ever stop to visit him?

Old 01-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Wow Pete, glad you're ok. It sure doesn't take much to get these big trucks sliding around!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
glad this had a happy ending (except for your wallet).

Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by greencrew
Here's to Manual's Dad. How's the old fella doing, does your Dad ever stop to visit him?
I hear that

Thanks guys!! Y'all are pards for sure

Quick Reply: Just a reminder: Be safe