F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

how do all you rugged diesel owners fell now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Why did you even splurge on the XL? Maybe you could skip the XL next time and go for the DB trim level - it might fit you better. You might even skip the gas engine all together and go for the new fuel flex that runs on hot air. You should have plenty of savings right there.

By the way, some of us like the vanity mirrors. This way we can fix our hair before going into Starbucks. As for the leather, it's a control thing over helpless cows.

As far as overconsumption, I think you are using alot of oxygen that could be put to better use for the benefit of others.
ROFLMAO

Old 04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
Jealous my ***. And yes, I drive an XL. By choice. All those wimpy accessories like carpet, leather, heated vanity mirrors and diesel engines sure cost alot. I used my savings to buy a fu*!ton of gas

People that dont need it are driving up the cost of fuel by their overconsumption
Weird. I saved a fu*!ton (as you put it) of money by buying my F-250 PSD with leather seats. Any other PSD had cloth and a ton more miles, and cost more too. Oh, and as for driving more? I've got a $20 bill that says either Smokewagun or I drive more miles than you do a year. I drive a Lariat by choice because I enjoy the convenience of power options.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, he does have a point about one thing.

Why do white collar workers drive 3/4 and 1 ton diesels?

For perspective, I grew up on a dairy farm and will continue farming after a I wrap up this silly agronomy degree next May. Our farm trucks are all diesel Super Duties, but we tow all kinds of stuff regularly-- cows, small grains, heavy equipment, the list goes on.

I'm pretty sure most could get by pulling the boat with a 1/2 ton on the weekend.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by defconfive

For perspective, I grew up on a dairy farm and will continue farming after a I wrap up this silly agronomy degree next May. Our farm trucks are all diesel Super Duties, but we tow all kinds of stuff regularly-- cows, small grains, heavy equipment, the list goes on.

I'm pretty sure most could get by pulling the boat with a 1/2 ton on the weekend.
Well, for one thing an F150 can't tow some of the behemoth boats, Recreation Trailers, Hot Rod Trailer / Living quarters, etc that these 'white collar' folks own...

Besides...

Why does the goof need to make any point?

Why do some preachers have a $4 Million income?

Why do some folks wear $5000 suits...have multi-million $$ mansions....personal jets....etc etc.

We can all get by with the minimal needs, but for whatever reasons (good, bad, right, wrong) we buy what we want and find enjoyment in it.

It's a joke how people are concerned that somebody has something they don't need. People need to work on the art of being concerned about themselves and not feeling deprived and envious of the folks that have what they have.

Last edited by Pagnew; 04-09-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jealous my ***. And yes, I drive an XL. By choice. All those wimpy accessories like carpet, leather, heated vanity mirrors and diesel engines sure cost alot. I used my savings to buy a fu*!ton of gas

People that dont need it are driving up the cost of fuel by their overconsumption
And your wife drives a suburban (probably fully loaded), is probably a lead foot who never checks tire pressures, which leads to poor gas mileage. In other words, you're probably married to the kind of person you're whining about in this thread.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Spike Engineering
And your wife drives a suburban (probably fully loaded), is probably a lead foot who never checks tire pressures, which leads to poor gas mileage. In other words, you're probably married to the kind of person you're whining about in this thread.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it makes sense to own one so that we can tow a race car hauler (12,000lb) once or twice a month, haul material for house projects every now and then, and still drive it daily to work, take clients out in comfort, etc. (AND take the dogs to dog shows in style)

His point is stupid.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Spike Engineering
Maybe it makes sense to own one so that we can tow a race car hauler (12,000lb) once or twice a month, haul material for house projects every now and then, and still drive it daily to work, take clients out in comfort, etc. (AND take the dogs to dog shows in style)

His point is stupid.
Agreed! My family has a 30 ft ocean boat that I tow couple times a month. Plus my buddy has a 25 foot weekend warrior I tow almost every weekend out to the dunes. In other words...white collar guys buy BIG toys and need a BIG truck to pull them. Sorry.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Agreed! My family has a 30 ft ocean boat that I tow couple times a month. Plus my buddy has a 25 foot weekend warrior I tow almost every weekend out to the dunes. In other words...white collar guys buy BIG toys and need a BIG truck to pull them. Sorry.
x2

I need a HD truck in the very near future so when I got my toys, I can actually use them with no problem.

Problem is... I didn't play my cards right, and I didn't know that I was going to be at this junction so quick needing a bigger truck.

But honestly, I don't need it right this minute... that's why I am waiting until next year before I buy. Also, I can get the truck I want... not what my wallet can only take.

That's what happens when you've got an education, great people skills, and a will-to-do things right.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:15 PM
wow this is a funny thread. i drive mine daily and i only tow atvs and a 28 foot race trailer once a year. but i still love my truck and i dont plan on selling it

Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Graphics Contributor

LOL guys did you know this? I guess a diesel is a "Wimpy accessory" now? LOL.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:44 PM

Ah...because we can.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 PM

Wow, you're stupid and an azzclown, what a combination!

Originally Posted by ManualF150
x2

I need a HD truck in the very near future so when I got my toys, I can actually use them with no problem.

Problem is... I didn't play my cards right, and I didn't know that I was going to be at this junction so quick needing a bigger truck.

But honestly, I don't need it right this minute... that's why I am waiting until next year before I buy. Also, I can get the truck I want... not what my wallet can only take.

That's what happens when you've got an education, great people skills, and a will-to-do things right.
From a manual V6 that you love so much to a HD, I can't wait to see that!

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 04-09-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 PM

What if someone isn't white or blue collar? I am full time dad, so my wardrobe is usually a tee shirt (no collar!). My 21month old is usually my only cargo, but yesterday I did pull my 4'X8' trailer while she was at her parents day out

One day I will win the lotto or something, and then I can pull a big boat or something expensive.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Ah...because we can.
A-men brother!

Quick Reply: how do all you rugged diesel owners fell now?