F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Superduty Radio question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superduty Radio question...

I have an '06 F250 XLT with the single-disc cd and am/fm radio.

It has an aux button and I was told that there is a set of pre-outs at the rear of the radio. So I bought a y-harness, with 2 pre-out connections at one end, and a headphone jack at the other, I figured it was a simple way to plug my ipod in.

Well I pulled the radio today, and no pre out jacks on the back. There is an unused receptacle at the back with like 7 or 8 pins. I'm told(by the same person who said there would be pre-out jacks on the back) that this connection is for a factory amplifier.

Anyone have any ideas? Or is the aux button not functional on my truck?

Thanks.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
The aux button is to switch the unit to satellite radio if equipped. The multi-pin receptacle may be for the amp and sub woofer when equipped that comes with the Audiophile option package. The F-150 that I traded had this option of the Sirius Sat. radio along with the Audiophile option.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:58 AM
you can plug one of these into that outlet:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gBh0Qu1...c&i=469FRD4AUX

I do have a question though... getting to the radio, is there anything special a person needs to know before getting into this? Or, does the whole front of the dash just pop off? I plan on installing the above unit this weekend for use of my portable XM.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by 99SVT
you can plug one of these into that outlet:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gBh0Qu1...c&i=469FRD4AUX

I do have a question though... getting to the radio, is there anything special a person needs to know before getting into this? Or, does the whole front of the dash just pop off? I plan on installing the above unit this weekend for use of my portable XM.
It's pretty tricky to remove the dash. Do a search and you will find a step by step. In a nut shell, you will start on the drivers side....make sure you put your steering wheel in the DOWN postion...once you pull loose the drivers side closest to to the door, you will need to start unplugging everything....

Move from the top to the bottom working your way from driver side to the passenger...the hardest part is going to be the last two holes under the steering wheel...move all the plugs and ease the dash cover off from the TOP.

Remember where every thing goes...the lining up the VENTS will be a bear when you put back on. The stereo is only held by 4 #8 bolts....it will slide out as it sits forward in the dash unlike the F150's.

I found a step by step PDF file on the net for this....sorry I dont have the link but doing it once....you'll get the hang of it. Just pull firm but not too hard on the tabs.

JP

Old 12-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
It's pretty tricky to remove the dash. Do a search and you will find a step by step. In a nut shell, you will start on the drivers side....make sure you put your steering wheel in the DOWN postion...once you pull loose the drivers side closest to to the door, you will need to start unplugging everything....

Move from the top to the bottom working your way from driver side to the passenger...the hardest part is going to be the last two holes under the steering wheel...move all the plugs and ease the dash cover off from the TOP.

Remember where every thing goes...the lining up the VENTS will be a bear when you put back on. The stereo is only held by 4 #8 bolts....it will slide out as it sits forward in the dash unlike the F150's.

I found a step by step PDF file on the net for this....sorry I dont have the link but doing it once....you'll get the hang of it. Just pull firm but not too hard on the tabs.

JP
Thanks JP!!!

My buddies wife is from Keller, TX... know any of the Nixon family from there?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by 99SVT
Thanks JP!!!

My buddies wife is from Keller, TX... know any of the Nixon family from there?
I found that PDF for you, look at this http://www.richgann.com/radioremoval.pdf

It's a step by step on removing it. Its what I used. Hard part is the connectors...if it is cold outside, forget it...those things are stupid hard to get off.

Don't know any Nixon's....but then again, when we moved to Keller there were only 22K people, now we are at 38K in less than 5 years.

you can tell your buddy's wife you know someone that lives off of Rufe Snow and she'll know what that means.

JP

Old 12-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks JP,

Doesn't look as straight forward as I thought, but does not look that bad to do (I've taken the dash apart on my '87 GT before, so this ought to be a piece of cake. LOL)

Jerrod

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Enough is Enough Already
Its not hard, To take off the dash all you need to do is pop off the dash panel!

Quick Reply: Superduty Radio question...