F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Question before I buy a used PSD (mirror?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question before I buy a used PSD (mirror?)

Hello all,
I am somewhat of a newbie here, but I did post here several months ago when beginning to look for a used (new to me) truck but due to unforseen circumstances was not able to follow through with my purchase at the time. Now that things are back to normal I am finally ready to get my new truck.

I am currently looking at selling my 02 F150 Supercrew 4x4 and getting a used F250 Crew Cab 4x4. I have found several near me that have the features that I would like to have. The one that I really like is an 03 F250 XLT Crew Cab, one of the last ones made with the 7.3 PSD. It has the smaller mirrors but I want the larger mirrors for towing my pontoon and equipment trailer. Is it possible to swap mirrors or is that not an option? If it is, how hard would it be to do and has anyone done this? Thanks for the info and you guys provide a lot of useful information on this site. Even though I have only posted here a few times, I try to check this site at least 3 or 4 times a week. It's great that there are folks like you out there to help others with problems and suggestions.

Thanks,
SCscrew

Old 10-06-2005, 10:58 PM
The mirrors are a direct bolt on and will only take a couple minutes. Now heres the fly in the ointment. With the newer 03 and up mirrors most of the towing ones had heated glass and turn signals. I believe that if your truck did not come with these mirrors the wiring is not there. If its not there they can be wired up to work with minimal effort. Now if you find a set of power mirrors without these options and the correct plug its about a 15 min job. I did this swap on my 99.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
The mirrors are a direct bolt on and will only take a couple minutes. Now heres the fly in the ointment. With the newer 03 and up mirrors most of the towing ones had heated glass and turn signals. I believe that if your truck did not come with these mirrors the wiring is not there. If its not there they can be wired up to work with minimal effort. Now if you find a set of power mirrors without these options and the correct plug its about a 15 min job. I did this swap on my 99.
Fly in the ointment? What in the hell is wrong with you powerstroke, I thought you were normal, that **** is sick. :X

Powerstroke, did I ask you how long a 7.3L & 6.0L diesel are supposed to last?

Last edited by Josiah; 10-08-2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Umm, get out much? I have no idea what your brain is processing that as, but you have obviously never heard that saying before. It is nothing sick or twisted, but it sounds like you're trying to make it that

Old 10-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
Fly in the ointment? What in the hell is wrong with you powerstroke, I thought you was normal, that **** is sick. :X
What are you talking about????

Anyhoo, you can look on ebay SCscrew for the non turnsignal trailer tow mirrors, as it is popular to swap the heated turnsignal mirrors in thier place.

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-08-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Umm, get out much? I have no idea what your brain is processing that as, but you have obviously never heard that saying before. It is nothing sick or twisted, but it sounds like you're trying to make it that
It was a joke

Sounds absurd if you ask me, thats all

Quick Reply: Question before I buy a used PSD (mirror?)