F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Plowing

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Plowing

I'm looking to put a plow on my 1999 f250 4x4 Desiel.

Any ideas? I'm not sure how much a plow costs or even where to get one. I had an 85 f250 with a 460, but I got a great offer, so I sold it. That truck came with a plow.

Now I need to get a plow for my truck. Anything I should watch out for? Anything that you may suggest?

Thanks!

The Luckydog

Old 03-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the latest minute mount from fisher.....fisher has been around forever and are the innovators in snow fighting equipment...i have a 9 foot minute mount and love it! so will you! make sure your truck came with a factory plow prep package and your good to go!even though you'll need to wait till next yr to get "pushey" its a blast...zap!

Old 03-27-2005, 12:54 AM
With a fisher or meyer plow you should get good service and parts. If your in the middle of plowing and break something then you need the parts asap and you can get them.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Ggg
Talk to plowers in your area. Ask who has the best service in your area, and where. Plow mfg. are rather regional as far as where they are popular, aka service is good. For example in my area Fisher, Swenson, Hiniker, Curtis are not seen at all, and Meyer does not have good service around here. Western, Boss, and Blizzard are popular around here, so service is good. A couple good sites to go to for info are;
http://plowsite.com/index.php?
http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com/

Old 04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks

I appreciate the ideas. I think I'm going to go with the Western because there is an authorized dealer about two miles from my house.

THe setup is not cheap. 3800$ installed.

I'll pay for the first snow.

The Dog

Quick Reply: Plowing