F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

speedo wire

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question speedo wire

hey all, i have a question for ya. My neighbor has a 2001 350 v-10 4x4 and he leased it and wants to know how he can unhook speedo? any ideas??

------------------
2000 F-250 SuperDuty SC,SB,4x4, 6.8L V-10 auto.3:73 gears, SUPERCHIP, Tech style tonneau cover, back country chrome step bars, Goodyear 305x70x16 ATS tires www/angelfire.com/rock/nFiredude/Firedude26's

Old 05-24-2001, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi firedude26,

Tell him to forget it, as the ECU records the mileage anyway in newer vehicles.

Assuming that not having all the miles recorded is his intent, does he really want to defraud the next person who will end up owning that vehicle? Most of us wouldn't sleep well at night knowing we had done that to someone else. It's not getting over on the leasing company or dealership when that is done, it's the next *owner* of that vehicle that gets screwed and is defrauded. That is, if and when that is done on vehicles that don't record the mileage in their computers, and all new vehicles do.

So if my assumption is correct, and it's the number of miles he's worried about in this leased vehicle, for any number of reasons, he should forget it and just have his lease mileage adjusted to meet his needs. The payments you make on a lease are much lower than if you purchased the same vehicle, usually a good 20% or so, and it doesn't cost that much more to have enough miles inlucded in the lease so that you don't end up owing a large sum of money for over-mileage at the end of the lease. We've been thru that scenario both ways a few times before.

If my assumption that it's the miles he's concerned about was incorrect, my apologies!

Good luck to your neighbor,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-25-2001, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

i knew he was gonna get that answer, and thank you mike for it. i told him that i would not get a answer for him on this subject i have seen others ask this same thing. he needs to bye a beater car and keep the truck inthe barn. oh also, HELLO MIKE...... My chip is doing great !!!!!!!!! i have had alot of compliments from it, from other v-10 owners that have drove my truck. i am looking right now for a deisel for my business, you have chips for them to right? slip me a little info on them to me on my eamil if you can and prices,.

sands@globaldsl.net

thanks a ton

------------------
2000 F-250 SuperDuty SC,SB,4x4, 6.8L V-10 auto.3:73 gears, SUPERCHIP, Tech style tonneau cover, back country chrome step bars, Goodyear 305x70x16 ATS tires www/angelfire.com/rock/nFiredude/Firedude26's

Old 05-25-2001, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi firedude,

Glad to hear it, & nice to see you back on the boards again!

I agree, him getting a beater to put the miles on might be the best solution for him now, I wish him the best of luck.

To answer your question (without violating the rules here), the Powerstroke diesel chips are the same price as your V-10 Superchip was, as they use the same basic module, with the appropriate program for the PSD (Powerstroke Diesel)loaded. The power gains on the 1999 & nwer PSD's from the Superchip is 60 horsepower and 115 lbs./ft. of torque, so it's going to be *very* noticeable, even more so than it is on your V-10!

Should you decide to do that, we'll need to know the computer code as usual, and it can be found on the PSD's in the same place as your V-10's code was, there in the Driver's door frame, up front in between the door hinges.

Just give us a shout whenver you're ready, & good luck in your PSD shopping. And of course, continued good luck with that whopping V-10 monster as well!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: speedo wire