F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

1997 F250 Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 F250 Ride

I am a new owner of an F250 4WD long bed extended cab truck. The ride on it is quite rough compared to my old Bronco. Is there anything that can be done to smooth out the ride some? I generally pull a horse trailer with it and it is rough with the trailer as well. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Otherwise I love the truck.

Old 09-01-2004, 09:34 PM
The most worthwhile thing you can add to your truck will be a set of velvet ride shackles and a good set of shocks. The velvet rides are for the rear only and will help quite a bit. They may lower the rear about 1", but typically less. They will also not affect your load carrying capacity. Also since you tow for shocks I would run some Rancho RS9000 shocks. This will allow you to adjust the shocks down for when you're unloaded and stiffen them up for towing. Also if you want to go all out you can add onboard air adjustment for them so you never have to leave your cab.

Old 09-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info. At first I was worried about calling and asking for velvet ride shackles - sounds a little non-truck related. But I did a google search and found they are for real.

Quick Reply: 1997 F250 Ride