F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Shudder/Vibration between 45 and 60 MPH...any ideas?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shudder/Vibration between 45 and 60 MPH...any ideas?????

I'm kind of new to this forum, I used to hang out in the supercrew forum. I just purchased a new to me 2002 F-350 PSD Crew Cab short box 4x4 with an auto tranny. It has 62K on her. Everything was great for the first two months I have owned her, but now I experience this vibration between 45-60 MPH. It only vibrates when I am on the throttle, and if I back of the throttle and coast, it does not vibrate. I did a search and found lots of info on vibration ranging from wheel bearing, carrier bearings, drive shafts out of balance...and a whole lot of others. I am looking for anybody that has had the same problem, and what they did to fix it. I don't know where to begin, and I really don't want to replace half of the drivetrain before finding the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Re: Shudder/Vibration between 45 and 60 MPH...any ideas?????

Originally posted by rockycarl
I'm kind of new to this forum, I used to hang out in the supercrew forum. I just purchased a new to me 2002 F-350 PSD Crew Cab short box 4x4 with an auto tranny. It has 62K on her. Everything was great for the first two months I have owned her, but now I experience this vibration between 45-60 MPH. It only vibrates when I am on the throttle, and if I back of the throttle and coast, it does not vibrate. I did a search and found lots of info on vibration ranging from wheel bearing, carrier bearings, drive shafts out of balance...and a whole lot of others. I am looking for anybody that has had the same problem, and what they did to fix it. I don't know where to begin, and I really don't want to replace half of the drivetrain before finding the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
do a search here

runnert

Old 03-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Add trany problem to your list. The symptoms sound similiar to the shudder problem the plagued the F150s 4R70 transmission -especially since it only does it when you are on the gas.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I have the same truck. Purchased with 54,000 two months later. Exact same symptoms. At light load 40-45 mph truck begins to vibrate, upon hard accelaration truck gets beyond issue. Ive replaced coils, plugs, o2 sensors DPFE, complete TB break down and cleaning, oil change etc. tons of time and money. SOOOOO I found this sight and posted a thread like youeself. A kind person said to change the converter fliud, tranny fluid and filter. After I performed that fun task, no changes. Well after several hundred miles the truck does not vibrate. For whatever reason the issue needs to work its way out. I would not suggest the tranny flush at the dealership. Lastly, add lucas tranny additive and PLEASE look in your manual and be certain as to what type of fluid to use.
Good Luck. If all else fails have the dealer motorvac the injection system. The fuel rail could be impeded.

Quick Reply: Shudder/Vibration between 45 and 60 MPH...any ideas?????