F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

looking at '04 powerstroke lariat

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking at '04 powerstroke lariat

I just hunt and fish, not into 4 wheeling with my '99 F150. I know there are some of you guys who know your trucks inside and out and have alot of knowledge. After the sale of the house, me and the dog will be packing it up and heading to Alaska. I'm thinking of ordering my Lariat turbo diesel long bed soon after the sale. I've always wondered when comparing Chevy brochures to Ford's that Chevrolet has much more info in their pages. 12 pages more than Ford.

I know I'm not buying the paper that it's written on but just always wondered why ford doesn't offer more info. I test drove a lariat crew over the w/e and it's quieter than my f150 all the way around. My f150 4x4 is loud at backing up. Its quieter when I put it in reverse if I'm going forward just a tad bit after breaking rather than stopping completely then puttin it in reverse.

The dealer in AK said I can order the truck with the lift kit and rancho shocks with my fx 4. Has anyone been able to do this? The sales people in ca said no. I'm not buying in ca, but just wondering about this.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FX4 comes with rancho shocks and the dealer probly has a local shop do the lift. I had the F-150 and bought an '04 F-250. Love the diesel and it is a reliable 4x4 rig for hunting. Very quiet and the mileage is up to 13 towing my boat up mountains and 18+ highway. Been to Alaska 24 times fishing and I bet ya are better off making the deal down here and driving/ferry it up. Never spent a winter there but I would sure buy the F-250 SDD if I ever did.

Good luck up there in my favorite state.

Quick Reply: looking at '04 powerstroke lariat