F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Test drove a Powerstroke for the first time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Test drove a Powerstroke for the first time!

I really screwed up today guys... I test drove a Powerstroke. They didn't have the exact truck I wanted so I had to force myself back into my old gasser. It was a horrible ending to a wonderful experience. LOL
I've been looking for the perfect used Powerstroke for a few weeks now. I had some extra time today so I stopped by my local Ford dealer to check out some Powerstrokes. I am looking for about a '99 model but the only used truck was an '03 6.0. It was a white crew cab with the Torqshift. I sat in it first and checked everything out. Super nice and very roomy. I popped the hood to get my first look at the 6.0. My only question here is, do all Powerstrokes have a turbo? The truck didn't say "Turbo Diesel" on the side but there was a turbo on this engine.
Time for the good stuff! I asked to take a test drive since I have never driven a diesel. The saleman was aware that I didn't want this truck but was glad to take a drive (I bet he just wanted to ride in it). The truck had adjustable pedals which was a nice touch and I love how everything was laid out. I waited to start the engine and it fired right up when it was ready and ran smooth (temp about 40F). I dropped the Torqshift into drive and took off. I did some in town driving at first at speeds under 30mph. I could hear the engine easily and it made a decent amount of noise. Of course the radio was off when I would usually be rockin' out if it was my truck. It wasn't near enough to bother me and it sounded pretty good. We then took it out on the highway. I stomped it down and we took off. It seems like that big truck hit 70mph faster than my little F-150 ever could. Highway speed was very quiet and smooth. I could barely hear the engine which was very nice. I got back into town and drove through an old area of road where they have bricks instead of pavement (preserving history they say). My old F-150 is usually bouncing and banging all over this rough road. The Powerstroke took it with authority. No rattling or popping and the ride was very smooth. I drove onto the dealer lot again and that pretty much wrapped up the test drive. Quite an amazing truck. I just wish I could have hooked up to a big trailer and really had some fun. I could talk about it all day but I think I've already typed more than you guys want to read. I just hope I can find one to buy soon. This truck is the definition of perfection.

Old 02-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the Powerstrokes are turbo'ed...They are amazing trucks aren't they???

I finally got my wife ina 6L 04...She loves it...going down the highway is quieter then at idle, you hear wind noise and tire noise, you have to listen to hear the engine...The ride is amazing for an 8000 lb truck!!!

99's are one of the most sought after trucks...

Quick Reply: Test drove a Powerstroke for the first time!