Expedition / Navigator

New tire recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AlanM96SS
ah, if they took your VIN they know what tires were on your truck. By the way, how do you like the Pilots?
I've got the Michelin Cross Terrains, but so far I like them.

Old 09-25-2002, 04:14 PM
i see, i thought you had the Michelin Pilots. Checked them out after i noticed them on the the Gators, man i wish those wheels would fit our trucks!

Old 09-26-2002, 02:08 PM
Talking

I got my reimbursment check this week also. Mine was for $545, $11 less than the $556 I paid for my new tires I put on in May at 32,000 miles. I put on Continentals and was supposed to get the full amount, but it's better than nothing! The new tires have performed fine, but they shake a little bit. Either I can't get them balanced properly, or they are out-of-round. My Exp also pulls to the right. It did this with both sets of tires, but was a lot better after the new tires were put on and the frontend re-aligned. Anyone else have this problem with shaking and pulling to one side?

Old 09-26-2002, 03:57 PM
PJT
It's funny you say that your truck pulls to the right and shakes a bit.

I just picked up my 2003 Expedition FX4 the other night and while I was driving home I felt the same symptoms you describe. Steering Wheel shakes a bit from side to side and the Truck pulls slightly to the right.

I'm going to take it back to the dealer and have them rebalance the tires. I don't think the alignment could be off but then you never know. The tires that came stock are the Cont. 265/60 R17

Quick Reply: New tire recall