Expedition / Navigator

Reason why 2003 Exy and Navy took so long to get here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Reason why 2003 Exy and Navy took so long to get here.

Found this on Car and Driver's web page.

Reuters reports that Ford Motor Company is quietly fixing a defect on hundreds of new Expeditions before another embarrassing recall hits the news. A source within Ford told Reuters that a defective welding in the rear suspension area of 1,000 to 2,000 early production models is being fixed. Ford declined comment on the specifics but said it was a problem detected very early in the launch and was resolved. The problem was caught before any vehicles were shipped to dealers after holding back the first month of 2003 Expedition and Lincoln Navigators for extra inspections and quality checks.

Having a 2001 Exy and having tons of issues with my truck (way too many to go into here) it is nice to see that there appears to be an attempt to resolve the issues before the truck goes out. Or, they are worried about more roll over lawsuits. Either way, better for us.

Boxter

Old 07-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Of the ones they found...................

Old 07-13-2002, 08:00 PM
What kind of issues with '01

I have a '01 EB Expy and have not had any issues. (knock knock) My only complaint is the cheap General Grabber things they put on that is suppose to pass as tires. I have only 11,000 miles on them and they ride terrible. They look over halfway worn out and can make a 5500 lb auto going 45 MPH hydro-plane in the smallest of puddles. (I think that would not be an easy task)

Anyway, back to problems. Mine passed the seatbelt recall. I am not aware of any more recalls for the '01 Expy. Since my six and three year old boys have not been able to break anything, I would say the interior can take abuse. I know the '01 interior is nothing special, but I thought the '03 EB Expy looked cheaper. Especially sitting in the rear seats. What a price jump. Makes me want to buy my Expy after the lease.

Quick Reply: Reason why 2003 Exy and Navy took so long to get here.