Expedition / Navigator

wrecked navigator last night.. may be totaled.. hope not.. will know more monday

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Steven1642
when the entire right front suspension is is replaced and you still have to have a TWENTY OUNCE weight on the wheel then something is wrong.
The wheel not being balanced doesn't have anything to do with the suspension. If you're wearing tires out or it doesn't trck right, that would be. If the wheel is that out of balance, have the (and I forget the fancy name for it) remounted the tire to try to balance it? If it's that far off, they'll usually remount it at 180 degrees and go from there.

I can empathize with wanting to dump it. Once you have damage done, it just doesn't feel the same. If you've got the patience, you'll adjust in time though.

Old 05-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Why haven't we seen the pictures of your vehicle and the hole that you ran over? You promised those almost 2 weeks ago. It's hard to know the whole story when presented from one side, but with some pictures it could become much clearer.

Last edited by Navi Man; 05-25-2002 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:28 PM
when i went back to take pictures of the hole they had already filled it in..

i do have a video of it though..

if i can get my program back up to transfer the video to my computer i will do it..

Old 05-30-2002, 07:53 PM
What's up with the story? We haven't seen any of the pictures you mentioned and haven't heard anything about how it was resolved. This is beginning to have all the signs of a soap opera that never has an end. C'mon Steven, you can't expect us to believe your story without hearing all of the facts and the end results. You've had some pretty outrageous stories on here that never seemed to be finished or resolved.

Last edited by Navi Man; 05-31-2002 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:55 AM
i still dont have the video that i made on my computer. it takes too long and i dont have the time now..

i thought i posted the resolve....

Truck was fixed... over $8000 in damage.. insurance paid to fix it..

city of memphis (MLGW) reimbursed the insurance company and i got my $500 deductable back.....

Old 05-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Take it someplace else and get a second opinon on the repair, balance, and alignment...........I'm sure your "bud" wouldn't hose you, but a fresh set of eyes never hurts. Sounds like registering in MS. with the amount you're quoting regards the state making up the difference in taxes against what you paid in TN. Same policy here in Florida for first time registration.

I've learned to carry a disposable camera in both vehicles. Came in handy right after my accident, substaniated my side of the story with pics of postion and damage to both vehicles. Don't feel alone, I had my Expy 1 month when the dipsh*t ran the light. My total went over 10K. Have the underside checked in 6 months, some of my pieces needed retorqing.

Now I know why you went with the Nav....more room in the rear for "rompin with the ladies". Have Fun.........

Old 05-31-2002, 04:43 PM
Lady hit my Expy last year

A lady in a Chevy rammed my Expy at the redlight last year.

If memory serves, she did $339.00 worth of damage to my rear bumper- Over $2,000 to her front end.

If the wife hadn't told me the lady hit her- it would have been days before I even noticed the damage- If I ever noticed...

The local Ford Dealership fixed me up good as new- She hit my truck hard enough to nearly push my wife into the intersection, but didn't even shatter my rear glass in the lift gate.

That's Ford Tough!

Old 05-31-2002, 04:59 PM
The nice thing about a lot of the newer vehicles is that the bumpers are made to absorb a certain amount of impact and if that's all the other car hit, then damage to the tailgate window should be unexpected. If it was a small car that hit the bumper, then it doesn't take much now days to do $2000.00 worth of damage, especially if it gets any of the front sheet metal. Glad to hear nothing serious happened and nobody got hurt.

BTW- Like the wheels you have on your Expy. What size and brand are they?

Steven- Looking back through all of the posts, the only thing I could find was that your insurance was taking care of the damage and you thought that the City was going to send you a check. We never heard anything more. Nothing personal, but if you are going to start a story, then just make sure you end it with all of the facts and follow through with your story. Still would be curious as to what the hole was like and the damage to your vehicle. We've only seen the wheel and tire posted by someone else.

Old 05-31-2002, 07:52 PM
What's up Navi Man?!

Thanks for the compliment-

The rims are: American Racing Vanguards (20 x 9)
The tires are: Goodyear Eagle LS (275/55/20)

My truck got hit last August by a lady driving a Chevy pickup. I wasn't there, and the wife couldn't tell me if it was an S-10 or a Silverado. I'm betting it was an S-10.

A cigarette fell into the lady's lap, and as she struggled to get the burning cigarette ashes from her lap, she plowed into my Expedition- carrying my wife, sister, Mother-in-law and one of my wife's friends.

No one got seriously hurt. They were sore the next day or two, but no one went to the hospital and my vehicle wasn't badly damaged. In fact, I had to look hard and at a certain angle to even see the damage.

I guess Ford didn't drop back to that miniscule 2.5 MPH bumper, that is the minimum US safety standard. As I test drove the new 2003 Expy yesterday, I was told yesterday that the New Expedition (That has no protruding bumper, just smooth surfaces) has a 5-MPH bumper behind the plastic bumper.

Last edited by Bighersh; 05-31-2002 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: wrecked navigator last night.. may be totaled.. hope not.. will know more monday