Expedition / Navigator

wrecked navigator last night.. may be totaled.. hope not.. will know more monday

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Multimedia
Sorry to hear about it. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I only blew a tire and bent a rim, but it took two months to get a check from the utility company.

You wouldn't happen to have your factory tails for sale would you?
yes as a matter of fact i do..
they are already boxed up as well.

how much you want to pay for them???
email me as this is not a classifieds forum...

dont want to get into any trouble here..

00gator@midsouth.rr.com

Old 05-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Don't count on an attorney from your insurance company to help you much. It would be cheaper for them to pay the claim than to pay an attorney to represent you. If you have a legitimate case, then you will have to higher your own attorney to go after the utility company. Be cautious though, as this could get expensive and you have no guarantee of any recovery. And don't make claims of back injuries and neck injuries which will only lessen your credibility. Unless you went to a doctor right away and have documentation then an injury claim will be difficult to prove. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Last edited by Navi Man; 05-06-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Things to be mindful of

Steven1642,

Man, sorry to hear about the truck. Have you heard anything more?

A couple words of advice. You may have a hard time dealing with these guys. Normally large municpalities, and utility company like this SELF INSURE. They do not have an insurance company per say that you will deal with. When self insured, they only have to have a bond with the state for a set amount of money. They usually will either hire out adjusters, or may even do it in house.

If this is the case, the best thing to do: Make a claim with your insurance company (yeah, I know, it sucks). They will payout for all or your real damages (no pain and suffering, etc.). You will have to pay your deductable. Then, your insureance comapny will fight it out with the util company. Once your insurance company has settled the claim, they will refund back to you your deductable (are supposed to at least. Stay on top of this with them).

This will save alot of time and b$.

My mother had kinda the same thing happen with her (it was non fault and it was a city). The city bulldozer backed into her while she was stopped for a flag man. The city self insured. It was a pain (and I used to work as an Insurance agent).

Just a word of advise.

Boxter

Old 05-06-2002, 09:10 PM
the whole insurance thing is part of the problem..

they are not helping me..

they told me to just file a claim with them and not worry about the city...

however i filed the claim, paid my $500 and got a call from the city saying they wanted an estimate to see how much they owed me...

i picked it up today and already $8531.59 and i got half way home, hit 60MPH and the front end and steering went out..
i spun in the road and had to have it towed back to the body shop...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Old 05-06-2002, 11:04 PM
Did you ever get pictures of it?

Old 05-07-2002, 01:43 AM
well kinda...

i went today to get pics of the tire and side damage and i left the camera in the truck after i took it back to the shop... i dont have anything to do tomorrow so ill go get the camera about 8-9 and post the pics...

i think i may go look at boats tomorrow...
ill take a pic of the one i like and post it too...

Old 05-11-2002, 01:08 AM
Where's the pictures? You've kind of left us all hanging. Just curious what your Navi looked like and a picture of the hole that you ran over? Let's put em' up.

Old 05-11-2002, 04:56 AM
sorry about the pictures...
i got my truck back from the shop thursday but i went straight from the shop to mississippi and have not had the time to do it.
my computer here is slower than $h!t..

i promise i will put them on here....
the only damage to the body was the wheel and side door mouldings..

they did have to replace the lower control arm...
recalibrate the ride hieght sensor,
replace the ABS sensor,
new battery,
new front air shock,
new rear air bag,
side mouldings and fender flare replaced,
both passenger wheels and tires...

im just glad to have the truck back...

Old 05-13-2002, 12:38 AM
Here are some pics of Steven's rim off of his Navigator. He will post some more pics when he gets a chance.

Later
Damon

Old 05-14-2002, 12:22 PM
I'd be Pi$$ed!

A lady rear-ended my Expedition last year and the her insurance company (Which I will not mention here.) Acted a fool with me about providing me a rental car- And, let me just go on the record and say that the insurance company is suppposed to provide you "Like kind & Quality" while your vehicle is being repaired. Which means, they are supposed to give you a full size SUV. Don't let them put you in a Corolla. I'm 6'2", 270 lbs, wearing a size 54 jacket, so there's no way I was getting into a Malibu while they fixed my truck. I didn't make them put me in a full size SUV, mainly because my wife used to be an insurance adjuster and I didn't want them thinking we were trying to rip them off, but you are entitled.

Yeah, a 6x6x2 could have killed you guys at 50 MPH, (sudden stop, or loss of vehicle control) so I'm glad to hear that you guys are OK. I'm surprised the airbags didn't deploy.

We had a similiar occurence reported on the news here in the D/FW Metroplex a week or so ago where over 100 vehicles got messed up, and the city in which it happened said it wasn't their problem.

Those people have to end up going through the contractors that built the road. They agreed to pay. We had a similiar problem here in Plano too. They had Camaro busting speed bumps on a street here. I see they've removed them now- someone must've torn up their lowered Honda or something.

It's sad when you can't trust the street you're driving on. That's almost as bad as driving through Shreveport 5 years ago. No one's expecting a pot hole at 70 MPH. They've made serious repairs to I-20, but man I sware you could hide from the cops in some of those pot holes.

Good Luck 1642. I'd suggest the 02 Harley too. You're 19, live a little!!! 340 HP if you get the supercharged one. I heard that engine wouldn't be available until mid/late 2002 and that early 02 HD's would still get the 5.4L 260 HP engine. Make sure you see that supercharger!!!!

Old 05-14-2002, 11:17 PM
my insurance company sucks....

they make me do all the work while i pay them. but they are almost twice as cheap as any other company i have tried to go with and they would just as well fix your car now then wait for someone else to get around to it.

i am suppossed to be getting a check in the mail from the city very soon...

i went back down to the spot where this happened saturday night. (at the street races) and my friend michael and I met these fine girls from horn lake, MS.... they came over to my navi while we were sitting in it and we talked for a little while and one of them told me that they totaled their 02 eclipse in the same hole..the night before i had my accident.....
there were 3 people in the car and the passenger in the front, that was not there that night, broke her arm.....

her insurance company just totaled out her car and she is looking for a new one now..

i dont know what i am going to do about mine..
i am leaning toward a new escalade and dropping a supercharger in it..... not sure though cause then i would not be allowed to hang out on f150online anymore....

well thanks for the concerns everyone..
ill let you know how things go with the check i am supposed to be getting....

Old 05-15-2002, 01:44 PM
If you are getting reimbursed by the city and your insurance company paid for the damages, then any funds received from the city should go to the insurance company. You better check with the insurance company before you deposit any money from the city, otherwise you could be in for insurance fraud.

Also, licensing a vehicle in a different state than where you reside is also illegal. If you get pulled over and your drivers license has one address and your vehicle has a different, then you could receive a hefty ticket. As a young kid driving a vehicle that attracts attention, you don't want to create anything that can get you in trouble.

Old 05-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Steven,

From your description of the damage in your 5/11 post and the fact that you got the truck back 11 days after the accident doesn't sound like it was that badly damaged and no where near totaled. Why are you so hot to dump it?

Old 05-15-2002, 06:15 PM
when the entire right front suspension is is replaced and you still have to have a TWENTY OUNCE weight on the wheel then something is wrong.

they started 0n it day one...
i know they guy personally that owns the body shop and told him i needed back within 15 days...
he works fast...

plus when you have over $8500 worth of damage to a vehicle it kind of upsets you..

as far as licensing a vehicle in a different state where you live..

you can license a vehicle in any state that you own property...

if i build a house in mississippi i can register a car for that address as well as at my parents home in tennessee...
(i have actually checked into doing this)

however mississippi tags are between $600-$1000?????
so i wont be doing this...

Old 05-25-2002, 02:26 AM
Something's Fishy

Wait.... a 2 foot deep hole, and that was ALL that happened to your truck? That thing should have been stopped dead in its' tracks as soon as it dropped into that hole and hit the 2 foot high vertical surface it was rolling into. I know for sure my truck couldn't drive up a 2 foot high vertical piece of pavement. The bumper and frame would hit first.

Quick Reply: wrecked navigator last night.. may be totaled.. hope not.. will know more monday