Expedition / Navigator

Oz Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz Wheels

Has anyone bought OZ wheels Vela III?
I am interested in some 22 or 23 for my 99 Expy.

The OZ wheels are suppose to be best in quality?
They are suppliers for Formula One, Indy, Rally.

OZ are said to be the lightest and also the strongest for SUV.

But they are so expensive. I just cannot see myself spending
that kind of money, only to get dirt and scratched.

What do you guys think?

Here is there website www.ozwheels.com

Should I go with different wheels?

Old 04-26-2002, 04:00 PM
In my not so humble opinion O.Z is the best. Whether or not they are for you depends on what you are going to demand of your rigs aftermarket upgrades. If all you are after is a larger diameter, good looking wheel to upgrade your trucks APPEARANCE, well there are many other choices that look very good and offer what in some cases represents substantial $$'s saved.

If you want the best qaulity wheels that will narrow your chioces a bit

You need to remember that though to many chrome looks better then rubber (bigger rims / smaller sidewalls) going to a larger wheel will increase your unsprung weight, which will affect ride and handling. Also your off-road-ablility will be severly limited with such small side walls, even if its just "pothole-ability"

Also these low profile tires are expensive$$$$, wear out really fast (most are VR rated) and pretty sensitive to maintenance (balance / rotation / pressure) remeber your vehical is held up by the air in the tire, not the tire. these low profile tires do not hold the same volume of air so the maintenace of pressure is very important (check weekly or you WILL be fixing / replaceing a flat.

Lots to consider other then just styling

Old 04-26-2002, 11:19 PM
The OZ's are great quality, if ya got the greenbacks for them. I have owned a couple but not SUV/truck styles. If I had a chance to grab a set I'd jump on it....................

Quick Reply: Oz Wheels