Expedition / Navigator

08 Ford expedition

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Ford expedition

Does anyone know what the fuel pressure is supposed to be on a 5.4 L engine for the 08 expedition? I had intermittent problems with my truck all summer long while driving long trips. I decided to do a tune up so I had the spark plugs and fuel filter changed, the vehicle has 95000 miles. After tune up the engine doesn't run smooth, specifically it seems like is getting too much gas, you can even smell gas from exhaust. So we tested the fuel pressure and is 60 before start and 70 while running. Is this normal?
My problems started while towing my camper on the freeway, while climbing a hill there is a strange noise coming from the front wheel? maybe, not sure where is coming from, but when I stop giving gas to the engine it would stop. It would seem that the engine would lose power , and then that sound. Intermittent as I said, it has never done it while driving in the city. And only while climbing. If I floored the gas it would start working without noise but other wise I would have to control the gas very gently for it not to make that horrible noise. I should mention that the Ford dealer could not find a problem. So I think this fuel flow pressure might have something to do with it. Anyone?
I should also mention that the weight I tow is well within the specs for my vehicle, this truck has the towing package and I tow aprox 1500 pounds lighter than the max.

Last edited by al78; 08-26-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: 08 Ford expedition