Expedition / Navigator

1999 EB Expedition suspension problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 EB Expedition suspension problems

My truck has seemed to has completely fallen. the ford dealer told me that the computer chip for the left side is no longer good. But now the whole truck has fallen. is it a good idea to install a conversion kit. or repair the air suspension. The compressor was constantly on before it stopped working.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by ram1
My truck has seemed to has completely fallen. the ford dealer told me that the computer chip for the left side is no longer good. But now the whole truck has fallen. is it a good idea to install a conversion kit. or repair the air suspension. The compressor was constantly on before it stopped working.
I swapped in the Monroe conversion kit, comes with rear springs and shocks and front coils - great package for a very affordable price.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 AM
I bought Arnott coil springs off amazon for about 8 or 9 hundred. Had a mechanic install em for about $180. Running great and don't have to deal with the air compressor noise or wait for the car to lift after turning it on!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Mine is still working,Your compressor went out due to constant running,Most likely due to a air leak,The Most common part to fail on the air suspension is the small union (Near the brake Master Cylinder) Part is only like $10 from the dealer,You can buy a compressor from Arnott (Mentioned above) they are good folks & will help you with troubleshooting the Air Suspension System or you can convert it But don't expect it to ride the same after it is converted to Coil Spring Suspension.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I had same problem with mines .. bough a strumasters conversion kit and now it runs better than ever .. real smooth. Don't regret it

Quick Reply: 1999 EB Expedition suspension problems