Expedition / Navigator

Odometer

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odometer

We got my wife a 2003 Eddie Bauer expedition a few months ago. Shortly after picking it up I found that the trip odometer did not work, but the main "total mileage" odometer worked fine. They are the same, but pressing in the odometer button should cycle you through the two, simmilar to my 07F150. I changed the oil last week, then this week the change oil message appeared on the odometer screen. I did a google search on resetting that message because now it blocks the odometer from displaying at all and found that I need to access the odometer menu to reset the message. Of course since the trip odometer does not work I can't access the menu. Does anyone know another way to reset the oil change message? If it matters the odometer is digital, but the actual gauges are not.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Have you tried the cluster self test?

Do you have the base or the message center version of cluster?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Have you tried the cluster self test?

Do you have the base or the message center version of cluster?
I'm not sure what the cluster self test is. I'm assuming it's the message center version since it's giving me messages and diagnostic information, but I am not sure. I will have to do some more research and follow up on those questions.

Quick Reply: Odometer