Expedition / Navigator

Next Expedition?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next Expedition?

Hello guys,

Has anyone seen sneak peeks of the new Expedition? I was at the local Ford dealer, and the guy told me the Expedition, similarly to the Explorer, is expected to go to a crossover style, larger than the Flex (Believe it or not, the Flex feels roomier than the Expedition), but with V6 power, and better fuel economy than the current Expedition. Something along the lines of the GMC Acadia/Chevy Traverse, but perhaps a bit larger.

I've seen pics of the 2011 Explorer, and its good looking.

I wonder what's next for the big Ex.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:14 AM
I doubt you'll see a crossover type truck...

The expy will probably still be a big SUV and will probably have a ecoboostv6 and/or 6.2.. who knows. Nothing official from Ford, nor are there any peaks of it just yet.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Cool- I'll keep my eyes open.

I turned in (Lease-end) my 2007 Edge yesterday. I'm gonna miss it.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Can't wait to see the new Ex. and the new Navigator.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 PM
If I were to speculate. I expect to see the 5.0 replace the 5.4 on the 2012 models with maybe a mild cosmetic sort of update, with a possible ecoboost option, with this version remaining in production till 2015.

Then the new cafe standards will kick in and forcing some more drastic type changes, or maybe even the end of the line for big suv's in general, with possibly a new explorer EL version, with maybe an ecoboost 6 dropped in it by then.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM
if they do a new one, i hope they redesign it and do all new skin. The expy has been using basically the same setup ever since it came out.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Yep, that's what the dealer said. Probably a 355 HP Eco Boost (which is already more powerful than the 5.4L V8). He said he expects a cross over, given the rising fuel costs, and the success of GM's Lambada platform SUV's (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, etc..) which are all nearly as large as a Tahoe.

If they go with a cross over, I'm thinking they may do something slightly shorter-in length, than the Flex. When it comes to space & seating, the Flex (by my highly calibrated buttometer) seems larger than the Expedition (Non-EL). However, the Expy beats it in towing, which tells me whatever Ford does with the expy, crossover or not, will likely include a V8 option. And maybe build a purpose built SUV for those who truly use them off-road (and call it a Bronco- or something).

They will likely (in my opinion) keep it body on frame, otherwise they risk cannibalizing the already slow moving sales of the Flex, and treading too closely to the Explorer.

The new Explorer is said to be V-8 less, with the top of the line being the turbo-charged 4 cylinder.

Quick Reply: Next Expedition?