Expedition / Navigator

04 Expy Climate Controlled Seats dont work

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Expy Climate Controlled Seats dont work

I bought the truck used and the seats have not worked since ive owned it (about 6 months). The lights do not light up on the climate control screen or anything, they are just DEAD.

Ive checked all the fuses, so I know its not a fuse.

I did read somewhere online about the module losing programming after a new battery was installed. My truck got a new battery right before i bought it. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The cooled seats would be nice to use at some point. But I really want the heated seats this winter!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would not think changing the battery would cause the seats not to work. On my 99 model, the drivers seat would not heat. It was the heating element underneath the cover. If you have the know how to do it, trace the wires and make sure they are not broken.
Is the passengers seat doing anything? Also, our 04 only lit up on the button to turn them on or off. Is that what you mean when you say climate control screen?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
neither seat does anything at all. No heat, no cool. The screen im referring to is the auto climate control screen in the center of the dash under the stereo. When the seats climate control function is engaged the light on the screen should light up showing the seat and the setting of heat/cool.

Im really at a loss. I would think that if the element were bad, the light would still turn on when I push the button. But its like it doesn't even have climate controlled seats, they are just dead. And yes, it does have climate controlled seats

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just dont remember our 04 having the seat display on the screen. Im at a loss bud

Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Me too.

I guess I might have to take the truck to the dealership for the first time in my entire life. I have NEVER taken a Ford in to a dealership to have work done, so this a major event in my life here.

I just really need to suck it up and pay for the diagnostics. I called and they said it would be either $48 or $98 depending on the level of diagnostics run, and then they could tell me what the issue is.

DAMN COMPUTERS!!! I guess with neat creature features like climate controlled seats, comes problems one can't solve themselves.

Ah well.

Thanks for the replies tho!

Quick Reply: 04 Expy Climate Controlled Seats dont work