Expedition / Navigator

Moonroof doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moonroof doesnt work

I have a 1999 Navigator. I purchased it a few months back. Every since i bought it the moon roof has not worked. It's in the closed position and doesn't leak so i haven't cared to much, but i've worked down the list and here i am.

The overhead switch still illuminates at night, but when i hit the switch, nothing happens. No sound of a motor trying to move. Both of the rear vent windows work correctly. It is my understanding that the vent windows and moonroof share a relay? So the relay shouldn't be the issue....

Does this sound like a bad switch? I pulled down the little square in the headliner and everything lokks tight and plugged in. Any thoughts?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 PM
if you look ontop you can see 2 clips on each side(looking at the sunroof from bottom) if the clips arnt conected then the sun rood cant retract backwards. my expo did this once and i noticed the clips were undone so just pop them back into place and hopfully works, dose the sun roof go up?pop up?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 AM
moon roof does nothing. Doesn't pop up, slide backward or forward, doesn't even moan like its trying to do anything!

Old 12-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Mine went several years ago, it was under extended warranty, but the dealer charged warranty co $1000 Big job headliner etc.

To my knowledge only 1 company makes the moonroofs (german company name escapes me)

I had had a power roof installed in another car, exact same design etc.

My suggestion would be call up a lincoln dealer and find out who installs power moonroofs ( people pick out factory lincolns off the lot, and want them moonroofs installed)

It should be alot cheaper, and they will give you a straight answer

Quick Reply: Moonroof doesnt work