Expedition / Navigator

Need to find key code to 99 Expedition.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to find key code to 99 Expedition.

hey fellas.

my brother bought a 99 expedition Eddie Bower (sp?) edition back in 2001 and it looks and runs like new!

he has a keyless key pad and he said that he never had the code when he bought it.

i was reading in another thread that the code is printed on several items in different places in the f-150s. i told him that i would consult you guys and ask if one of you would know how he could get his factory code.

thanks in advance.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 PM
esf
I have a 2002 Expedition I bought used. I found my keycode on the rear air conditioning. It was hard as hell to see and I basically had to guess what the numbers were and then try them. I felt like I was looking at an eye chart at the doctors office.

Ayway, I removed the inside panel on the drivers side located above the rear tire where either the third row is or if he doesn't have one, the storage area. It was way up in there. I wasn't even sure it was the keycode but I figured I'd punch the numbers in and it worked. Then I just set my own and was done. I believe another location is supposed to be the passenger side kick panel but I couldn't find mine there. And I'm not positive on this one but it's sticking out in my head... above the pedals somewhere? That would be my last place to look since I'm not sure.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by esf
I have a 2002 Expedition I bought used. I found my keycode on the rear air conditioning. It was hard as hell to see and I basically had to guess what the numbers were and then try them. I felt like I was looking at an eye chart at the doctors office.

Ayway, I removed the inside panel on the drivers side located above the rear tire where either the third row is or if he doesn't have one, the storage area. It was way up in there. I wasn't even sure it was the keycode but I figured I'd punch the numbers in and it worked. Then I just set my own and was done. I believe another location is supposed to be the passenger side kick panel but I couldn't find mine there. And I'm not positive on this one but it's sticking out in my head... above the pedals somewhere? That would be my last place to look since I'm not sure.

thanks esf! im going to forward this information to him right now!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
The driver's side footwell is where the code was for my 2000 XLT. On the upper left.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Here is a good solution. Lay on your back in the Driver seat footwell. Use a flashlight and look up. You should see a black box with a white sticker with a 5 digit number on it. Try that code. That is the code that Ford programmed into the truck at the factory. This code can never be erased. you can add additional codes via the owners manual, However the original one will still work... Let me know if you need any help. I can try to take a picture of it if you want.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I love this site!

as a new and first time Ford owner, i want to say thanks for all the great advise!

Quick Reply: Need to find key code to 99 Expedition.