Expedition / Navigator

Navigation / CD Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation / CD Problem

My Navigation system has decided it no longer wishes to eject my CD. When I press the "eject" button, I hear whirring and clicking, the screen reads "ejecting CD", and then a bunch more whirrng and clicking, and then a message that says "loading CD". Normally I wouldn't worry about it too much, since we don't use the single CD slot for music anyways (just NAV CD, we use the changer for CDs), but now I can't put in my updated maps!

Is there a way to force the system to eject the CD? Its on a 2004 EB.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Give Kelvin a call at Broadway Radio Shop (www.broadwayradioshop.com) at 800-577-4916. They are an authorized Ford radio service center and can take care of you. The have recently been bought out by Chicago Parts & Sound which is also a Ford authorized radio service center.

Tell Kelvin that Travis at KC Autosound sent ya.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Remove the dash bezel around the unit. Reach around the rear of the unit and unplug the large connector to remove power. Let it sit for a while (4-8 hours) to allow any capacitors to discharge. Plug it back in. It should run a self test and cycle the micro-switches in the CD mag. If the unit is not physically broken, you should be able to eject the CD. You may have to do this more than once. If it doesn't work on the 3rd attempt, it's probably broken internally.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by worland
Remove the dash bezel around the unit. Reach around the rear of the unit and unplug the large connector to remove power. Let it sit for a while (4-8 hours) to allow any capacitors to discharge.
On my 2004, the dash bezel is one giant piece that also goes all around and over the instrument cluster. Doesn't seem like a DIY.

Would disconnecting the battery do the same trick, or would that mess other things up?

Last edited by ferroequine; 08-14-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Navigation / CD Problem